London SE1 community website

The Coronet

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 2 September 2008 5.25pm
wow didn't even know this site exsisted. Right well whats been going on at the Coronet:

Simon Parkes (who did own Brixton)took over after Dominic Madden. Then aload of other people worked here and tried to make it work - but it never did and everything was just a bit dodgy.

Then Blackfriars took over - we got whole new managment in last year (about CSS time)

New sound system (D+B Audiotecknik line array)
New Security - BK40

and so many more gigs - but no more of the dodgy ones with shootings -
We do about 4 events a month at the moment and are getting busier and busier.

And yes you will all be glad to hear - that terrible blue cladding is being changed!! Yay!!!

Take a look at our website for listings of whats coming up.
www.coronettheatre.co.uk

Just recently had T4 Music with Alicia Keys - you can check it out on Channel 4. Secret Sunaze, Santo Gold etc etc

Got Immortal Technique for the 2nd time this year.
Breakin Science
Elefest - Jah Wobble
Antiworld
Goldfish
The Wombats
and many many more.

We are not gone - this is just the beginning of the New Coronet!! and i promise things are much better than ever before.

Josephine
Coronet Office Manager

Anyone wanna come??
Wednesday 3 September 2008 8.25pm
Josephine,

Great Information. And we do appreciate that you have mentioned your role at The Coronet. Full disclosure !

Had I known Alicia Keys was on - I would have been there like a shot.

Hope it is a success under new management!

Kevin
Thursday 4 September 2008 10.10am
I've never been so don't know the layout - but is it a suitable venue for a poker tournament?

I remember several years ago there used to be cheap Sunday afternoon films, with tea and biscuits (which I never managed to get to)
Thursday 4 September 2008 12.28pm
JonR wrote:
I remember several years ago there used to be cheap Sunday afternoon films, with tea and biscuits (which I never managed to get to)
They were fantastic. I miss them.
Sunday 7 September 2008 11.08am
Josephine, can you tell us if there are plans for any refurbishment of any kind it sounds like the floor probably has the same carpet on it as when I used to go to Saturday morning pictures 30 years ago...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Thursday 26 February 2009 11.54am
dvjj wrote:
Josephine, can you tell us if there are plans for any refurbishment of any kind it sounds like the floor probably has the same carpet on it as when I used to go to Saturday morning pictures 30 years ago...

Hey

Yeah the carpets are being changed shortly. I know they are gross.

Things are getting done here slowly, if anyones noticed the front of the building is juist being finished, ooOooo its all shiney and digital.

Its getting so busy here going into the new year, It's great Elephant and Castle is actually starting to be known!

The new website has just been launched also take a peek www.coronettheatre.co.uk

New logo's and loads of pictures for you to take a look at.

Let me know what you think? Would apprieciate your opinions.

Josie x
Thursday 26 February 2009 11.12pm
Spooky. I cycled past today and noticed the fancy new signage outside and wondered whats going on inside and thought at the time I would seek out this thread and ask if changes are going on inside as well as out. I must confess I did like the old signage, a bit like an oversized greasy spoon menu but will no doubt grow to love the fancy new stuff much more. Are there going to be movie screenings again at the new improved Coronet? With the Oakmayne screens next door looking unlikely to ever get off the ground soon it would be great to have movies again.

Feedback on your website, with Home, Venue Info, Gallery, Contact us, Subscribe across the top and Whats on below with 3 events under that I thought blimey theyve only got 3 events coming up. I clicked on one out of curiosity and was surprised to see a list of all the other events down the left hand side. OK I probably sound a bit grandad doesnt do computers but maybe it would be an idea to have Whats On in the same place along the top tabs with Home, Venue Info, Gallery, Contact us, Subscribe

Looking forward to checking out the ne Coronet. Sorry to see Duckie moving from you guys to Brixton Academy this year for Shame & Weakness, are Lost Vagueness coming back to the Coronet?
Monday 1 June 2009 4.25pm
Worth flagging this up:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/7114

Plus this week's Estates Gazette has a picture of Blackfriars Investments' proposed revamp of the Coronet.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 1 June 2009 7.07pm
Plus, for those who know their Dubstep, Shackelton's Skull Disco has recently been added to the bill.

More than worth it at a mere six quid. No connection, etc.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions