London SE1 community website

Large development for Tyers Gate behind Bermondsey St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 4 February 2008 9.07am
I have no idea about the notices, is that the only one?? Anyway just to help, it is not the old dairy, but the stable block and shed of the old dairy. The stable block itself is remaining, the part that can be seen down the alley from Tyers gate, between No 7 & 5. However there is already planning permission to take down the walls that line the park and end that faces on to the pub garden, but as this is a new application the process has to be sought again. If you would like any further information please email me at [email protected]
Monday 4 February 2008 11.20am
The Bermondsey Street Area Partnership have the Tyers Gate development (plans, light survey etc) on the agenda this Thursday 7 February at 6.30 at the Wine & Spirit Education Trust http://www.bermondseyvillage.org.uk/meetings.htm
There's usually wine and nibbles.John is presenting his scheme.
Monday 4 February 2008 11.36am
John, why don't you post the .jpg of what you are proposing so people can judge for themselves? First impression is it is a substantial development overlooking the park that will dominate views looking east and erode any sense of privacy.
Monday 4 February 2008 12.27pm
Anything with frequent lorries and a crane is a sizeable development.
Monday 4 February 2008 12.53pm
If you send me your email address I can certainly send you jpeg images, but not sure how you can post on this site.
Monday 4 February 2008 2.00pm
With so many developments taking place in and around Bermondsey Street and in SE1 in general I find it really hard to keep up with what is going on and having the time to track down the plans etc to be able to approve or object to them.

It's not that I want to stand in the way of progress but if you have lived around this area for a while it feels like things move on pretty quickly.

Over the last 2 - 3 years we've really struggled not to get annoyed by the constant noise from building works. Especially when the contractors are messy, rude (often to women) and make it almost impossible to work from home with the level of mechanical noise.
Monday 4 February 2008 3.30pm
John, you can use the insert image url button to link to an address http://
Monday 4 February 2008 8.03pm
sorry Im not that technical, I understand the button, but next??? Surely this needs a web site
Monday 4 February 2008 10.22pm
Feel free to email an image to me and I'll upload it for you.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 5 February 2008 11.59am

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions