London SE1 community website

Wicked (part 4)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9
Friday 10 October 2003 11.06am
just had a quick look back. still can't see what shocking surprise is waiting for me.

Help someone?? LMJJ?? tanya??
Friday 10 October 2003 11.10am
Actually, the original thread was removed, but the discussion continued here:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/5942

Post edited (10 Oct 03 12:15)
Friday 10 October 2003 11.26am
And Part 3 is here:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/6570

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 October 2003 11.30am
All good stuff, but still can't see anything shocking. There's lots of name calling between different branches of the fetish scene, and a bit of alleging that the Wicked people can't run an orgy in a brothel, but that's irrelevant.

There are lots of businesses around that have no interest to me or my tastes, and may well be run ineptly (or not), but what gives anyone a right to complain unless they are:

a) disgruntled customers with a genuine complaint
b) neighbours/nearby residents with some sort of complaint about the noise/litter/etc

I'd still love to see a poll on this.
Friday 10 October 2003 11.34am
A lot of the objections lodged with the council do come from neighbours (both residents and institutions) with concerns about noise, litter, parking etc

Friday 10 October 2003 11.39am
I think if anyone can find a parking spot in that area James they would deserve to be admitted free of charge for life! and would the clientele really make a lot of noise entering and leaving? reading that back - it has certain connotations!

jan
Friday 10 October 2003 12.43pm
Exactly. And if there's a problem with noise, crowds, etc, then that's an argument to have nothing in place of the current club site (as opposed to a specific argument about a fetish club).

If we're having those kinds of suggestions, can I suggest we de-Starbucks the area, since (personally) I never visit them and find the crowds of people congregating around them quite inconvenient ;-)

....walking down the road
Friday 10 October 2003 1.33pm
To be fair, many of the objectors to Wicked were complaining about problems with Cynthia's Bar - and asking for non-renewal of their licence or restrictions on hours - long before the Sheridans came along and turned it into Wicked.

Friday 10 October 2003 1.55pm
To be fair, the "inherited" objectors were:
6 local businesses, the Dean of Southwark Cathedral and the Chief Executive Officer of London Bridge Hospital.

whereas the current objectors are:
9 local businesses, the Dean of Southwark Cathedral, the Chief Executive Officer of London Bridge Hospital, The Bishop of Woolwich, the Diocese of Southwark, the Metropolitan Police and 76 others.
Friday 10 October 2003 2.16pm
oh, i forgot. objections from men in dresses count double.....

(unless they're in leather dresses with chains i suppose!)

......walking down the road
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions