London SE1 community website

Mar i Terra

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Wednesday 5 March 2008 11.58am
Dear Lee, your petulance and paranoia serve you ill. Do lighten up. I promise never to come anywhere near your restaurant, but why scare others away? Methinks you really do protest too much. Calm down and get on with the job of running a decent place, and stop throwing brick bats at us all. We are, after all, supposed to be your customer base. No point villifying us.
Wednesday 5 March 2008 2.04pm
I may stick to eating at home next time........!
Wednesday 5 March 2008 2.06pm
Wouldn't some of these posts be better conveyed as PMs rather than as public messages, given the way they're being phrased?
Wednesday 5 March 2008 2.13pm
I haven't seen anything *too* outrageous on this thread, longlaner. If you think I've missed something, feel free to hit the 'report this message' button under any message that you think needs my attention.

I'd like to record my thanks to Lee Hulbert for accepting my invitation/suggestion that he reply to this thread when he first contacted me with his objection to GaryS's original comments.

Whilst Lee's robust approach has predictable generated robust responses from other forum users, I would like to ensure that other local businesspeople are prepared to put their heads above the parapet on the forum.

If we don't want business owners to resort to posting anonymously, we must make sure they get a fair reception.

Many of the messages in this thread are thoughtful and reasoned, so let's keep it that way.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 5 March 2008 3.29pm
Quite agree. Think myself that Lee is quite a sport for responding in such forthright tones - just never expected a POSITIVE!! restaurant revue to generate such a response from all and sundry. As I have said previously, people should try Lee's restaurant (for which he is clearly passionate) for themselves. Along with sampling the excellent food they can even have a glass or two of wine and see what they think of that.
Wednesday 5 March 2008 4.51pm
(whispers) ... dare I suggest an SE1 social there? ...
Wednesday 5 March 2008 5.12pm
What a wonderful idea! Never been to one before, and fear if I did I may in this instance, alas, have to go incognito......?
Wednesday 5 March 2008 5.47pm
Plum/Jackie/Jac/Juliet/Katia/Mark et al

I think we should hold an SE1 lunch club at Mar i Terra.

Looking forward to it!
Wednesday 5 March 2008 8.28pm
BYO, I assume.
Thursday 6 March 2008 11.45am
Following a number of complaints I have removed several messages from this thread.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

This thread has been closed
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions