London SE1 community website

Mar i Terra

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Thursday 6 March 2008 11.49am
Including the one in which Lee threatened libel action. I was just going to agree to lunch club there. Not so sure any more.
Thursday 6 March 2008 11.56am
I won't be going there either; the owner sounds dreadful.

James, can you explain why you've needed to delete posts from this and another thread today? If it's only a 'complaint' then it really negates the point of having a forum.
Thursday 6 March 2008 12.04pm
I delete very little from this forum; certainly much less than some people would like!

"Micro-moderation" doesn't work.

And I certainly don't remove stuff just because people "complain" - the complaint has to have some legitimacy.

However, having a forum isn't carte blanche for people to say what they like regardless of the consequences.

In the interests of transparency I generally try to disclose that material has been removed (unless it's blatant spam, which I usually delete without comment.)

But if a post is removed for legal reasons it is not always possible/advisable to state the reason for deletion on the forum because of the risk of compounding the problem.

Sadly I think the time has come to close this thread. Not one of our most sparkling examples of dialogue between a local business and its customers.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

This thread has been closed
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions