London SE1 community website

Recommendation for Plumber?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
E&P
Wednesday 6 February 2008 2.26pm
Need to have a reliable good plumber to fix a leak- any recommendations?
Wednesday 6 February 2008 2.54pm
I can recommend David (still don't know his last name) Ph: 07984454096.
Thursday 20 March 2008 1.31pm
Searching the SE1 forums for someone to mend our washing machine didn't throw up any useful (working) numbers so I tried the local (Walworth Road) electrical shop - Lynne's - 7703 7027.
They do do repairs and gave me the number of Russell - 07973 305 794. I had a choice of two slots and chose the morning 10.00-13.00.
Russell arrived at midday. He said he works London-wide. However, he knows the local area sufficiently well to find us. (Our 'street' is not in A-Zs.) I was also surprised (and pleased) that he didn't ask for a parking permit. He is aware of the effect of water on wooden floors and avoided getting our kitchen floor wet. He explained everything very patiently - enough times for me to be able to write it down for future reference.
The charge was GBP50 - this was the inclusive call-out charge. Parts would have been extra. If we need to call him out again - to replace a part or the whole machine - and we still have the receipt we will be able to offset part of the money paid this time against subsequent work.
He will be the person I call should we have further problems. I didn't think to ask if he can repairs on other equipment (sorry) but Lynne's sells all sorts of white goods so they likely have an engineer for most things.
Wednesday 2 April 2008 12.38pm
Sterling Contractors - Their Great. Brill prices and great engineers. Try them their no is 07846 365 499.

Hope that helps.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions