London SE1 community website

Charity Fashion Show

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 7 February 2008 11.56am
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had ever organised a charity fashion show and could give me any pointers.

I'm going to try to organise one to raise funds for my daughter's nursery as they are a charity run organisation and needs funds for new equipment etc.

Its going to be a fashion show for children, womenswear and menswear.

I'm looking for a venue that would let us use a hall/large room for free, does anyone know of a place?

Also if anyone works for a company that could donate anything for a raffle we'll be having I'd be really grateful if you could contact me. Anything would help, a small hamper, vouchers, bottle of wine etc for adult hampers or toys, books, etc for a childrens hamper.

Thanks Everyone!
Thursday 7 February 2008 12.20pm
To enable people to suggest suitable venues it would probably help to narrow down the area a bit - Bermondsey? Waterloo? Bankside? Elephant?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 7 February 2008 1.37pm
Oh right yes, sorry!

The area is Bermondsey.

Thanks James!
Thursday 7 February 2008 1.46pm
How about the Ellen Brown Centre in the spa gardens?
Friday 8 February 2008 12.47pm
Thanks for the suggestion, but I now have a place to hold it, the nursery has a large room upstairs so I'll use that. Any other suggestions about donations etc would be a great help though!

Thanks

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions