London SE1 community website

Bengal Clipper - possibly my worst ever restaurant experience

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 15 February 2008 5.50pm
I don't see making a legitimate complaint to the Manager of any establishment as 'making a fuss' and, for that reason, it is not embarrassing. There is a way of complaining that does not mean one has to be impolite - quite the reverse.

If all else fails at the time, then simply write to the MD of the company. I have done so on several occasions, with good results. From supermarkets that overcharge and generally give lousy service, to cinemas where one is blasted out of the seat by lousy sound [and prints] - the list is endless. Call me old fashioned, I simply will not tolerate it.

I repeat that, sadly, apathy rules - if it didn't, then these establishments would have to improve their standards of what is laughingly called Customer Service.

Alex - if you couldn't be bothered to complain about it at the time, why not drop them a line? Maybe mention this link.
Friday 15 February 2008 7.20pm
Bengal Clipper: Food was ok, service was bad. We also had extra items on the bill that were neither ordered nor consumed by us.

I did complain which made no difference. The last time I went is over a year ago, am surprised they are still open if nothing changed...
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions