London SE1 community website

Where to buy saffron

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 6 March 2009 11.30pm
Fine Foods on Long Lane sells packets of saffron. You need to ask for it, though. It's 4.95, which seems a bit steep if you can buy it for 2.15 around the corner at Fine Life.
Friday 13 March 2009 12.54pm
Veggie Perrins sells saffron in Canterbury market Fridays at 3.99 for 5g. Our tesco sells Spanish Saffron on and of for 2.99 for 10g. I think the Schwartz is I think 1g.

I buy Chervil in large bunches in Calais Thursday market, but don't go specially as they don't always do it. You can sometimes get growing pots in French supermarkets. You could always det some seeds and a pot and grow some on your window cill.

David
mac
Friday 13 March 2009 3.24pm
In case it might still be relevant, I've recently bought fresh chervil at Greensmiths on Lower Marsh
Thursday 10 February 2011 4.11pm
Hi you can get it promptly from a company called finest saffron Ltd.
Excellent service and quality.
I think its www.finestsaffron.co.uk
or it may be .com
Friday 11 February 2011 12.20am
Welcome to the site, l_reed2.
Friday 11 February 2011 9.41am
My daughter bought a little plastic box of saffron in Tesco. About the size of a matchbox and it cost her, she thinks, about 3-50. But that was a couple of years ago. They may still stock it.
roy
Friday 11 February 2011 10.00am
Brindisa do a high quality saffron - this is in the borough market shop.
Around a fiver for a small amount though.
Saturday 12 February 2011 10.48am
Further to my earlier post, I saw some 'Finest Spanish' dried saffron on sale in our big Tesco yesterday.
3-99 for 2 grams.
Saturday 12 February 2011 5.58pm
the Brindisa saffron is good quality...and a pretty standard price
Tuesday 24 May 2011 7.40pm
We supply 100% pure Grade I Saffron. If you are not satisfied, please let us know and you will get your money back.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions