London SE1 community website

Horseshoe Inn

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 7 May 2008 11.08am
James Hatts wrote:
Is there anything you want to share with the forum about your connection to the Horseshoe, "Maeve"?
Hi James, no I have no conection with the Horseshoe, except I used it for many years when I had my busines,s close by.You will see in the past I wrote about the Manna Center as my staff were being abused and I found not only were the council and Police unwilling to do anything, I was also being charged Council and businss tax for the pleasure, so I left to go to Westminster where my taxes are better spent.I have read what I put on the forum about the horseshoe and I must say it does look dodgy but I do have many happy memories there and as I was leaving 4 years ago The owner was being offered a lot of money to sell to developers and I thought it would be gone but no,its still a PUB, Though, to even things out its rubbish!!!!!!!
Wednesday 7 May 2008 11.23am
It's just that you seem to share the same name as someone who (used to?) run the pub, which would surely be a big coincidence.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 7 May 2008 4.18pm
ANYONE CAN TURN UP ON THE KARAOKE NIGHT ON THE 15TH, AND TO BE HONEST THOSE WHO CANT SING ARE THE BEST IN MY EYES AT LEAST THEY GIVE IT A GO AND WHO REALLY WANTS TO HEAR GREAT SINGERS, JUST LISTEN TO THE RADIO THEN
Wednesday 7 May 2008 5.30pm
Good rant Jon
Thursday 8 May 2008 8.54am
Sorry for the capital letters, it did look like i was moaning (not at all) :)
Tuesday 20 May 2008 1.59pm
Jon Good wrote:
Sorry for the capital letters, it did look like i was moaning (not at all) :)

Hi John, just thanking you for a great night on thursday, cant belive you went all night !!!! can you please leave your card with Dave or Tiger in the Shoe as I might need you again soon. Thanks Jane
Sunday 15 June 2008 11.38am
Dear Jane or Jon
Can you let me know if there is another karaoke I've been in to the "Horseshoe" this week and can not see anything advertised, I did enjoy the new guest beers a bit too much though.... Looking forward to the(Dizzy blonde) which is advetised on yhe guest beers, taught it was the bar maids name at first.....
Sunday 15 June 2008 2.10pm
djec wrote:
Dear Jane or Jon
Can you let me know if there is another karaoke I've been in to the "Horseshoe" this week and can not see anything advertised, I did enjoy the new guest beers a bit too much though.... Looking forward to the(Dizzy blonde) which is advetised on yhe guest beers, taught it was the bar maids name at first.....

Hi DeJa Im sorry but if you mean Jane who has written on this thread I have nothing to do with Jon or the Horseshoe I live next to the Shoe and love it there.
You need to speak to Dave whos the manager as I know a load of girls in the offices on the corner of Bermonsey Street and my friends from the HOspital would love another Karaoke night, but put presure on him. I see in another thread your birthday is coming up, well it has a great garden and if you dont mind a load of drunk girls at your party you could do worse!!!!!
Monday 16 June 2008 9.01am
Marvellous karaoke at The Bell webber street,se1....every friday and i think they may have it sunday as well soon. gordon was the karaoke host, one of the
best sound systems i heard for years.

good clean books to...if horshoe has it in a few weeks would like to try that too.
Friday 4 July 2008 8.59am
I have been told there will be more Karaoke nights, but again like Jane says Speak to Dave about it.

oh and i have just spent a fortune on some new speakers with unbeleiveable sound quality which will blow you away
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions