London SE1 community website

special meal in london

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 30 October 2003 10.42am
For a really special meal try the Bateaux floating resturant. My wife booked this for my birthday. The food is fantastic, ever changing scenery as you float up and down the Thames. After dinner they have dancing to a live band on board.
Thursday 30 October 2003 11.20am
Jon Smith,

what are the details? Where do they go from? I've seen the boats on the river but don't know anything about them. Are they expensive?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 30 October 2003 1.20pm
First floor Pizza Express , next Globe - great value, great views; Globe restaurant itself - v. good food, ditto the views; And top-floor restaurant at Tate Modern (pricey).
R
Thursday 30 October 2003 3.41pm
for the river cruise meals...

go to

http://www.bateauxlondon.com/

I did a sunday lunch cruise for my grandads 80th - was lovely. went all the way from westminster to greenwich and back again. Food was nice and they played jazz throughout.

Can't remember how much exactly, but it wasn't that cheap. but i guess its all relative. cheaper than a meal at an over priced conran resturant would be (mentioning no names...)
Thursday 30 October 2003 3.57pm
Hasn't got a view but The Real Greek in Hoxten is one of my favourites.

If you want to blow some serious cash Bibendum is great - although I haven't been there for a couple of years.

Difficult to get a decent view at night now the clocks have gone back. You could always take some KFC on the London Eye.
Thursday 30 October 2003 4.21pm
There are often deals to be done at lastminute.com otherwise check their website as mentioned above, I guarantee you that it is something special.
Thursday 30 October 2003 4.40pm
Oh and I've heard the boat at St Katherines dock - The Lighthouse is quite nice if you like fish
Tuesday 4 November 2003 6.58pm
I too agree with Kevin (30/10/03) - Pizza Express next to Globe is great ! - Not only is the food reasonably priced, but the views are wonderful and the staff always very friendly.
Unsure where you are staying, but I can recommend Room 212 in County Hall (Travel Inn). The river view from this room is wonderful and in August there were lovely blue lights in the trees, in front of the hotel window. I like to get a few olives & cheese from Borough Market to have with a glass of wine, with the window open (summer months!!?!) to savour the view & reflect, before going out ! -
For a more expensive meal, I can also recommend People's Palace.

Barbara Kerr
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions