London SE1 community website

Alma Grove planning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 24 April 2008 10.36pm
Thanks - looking to start the build in March next year when work will hopefully be a bit less manic and I'll have some time to oversee/project manage the whole thing.

Chris
Monday 28 April 2008 1.00pm
I'm starting building work on double & single storey extension in your area next week although ours is an end of terrace so we have a little more space to play with. Think I know everyone at Southwark planning now so feel free to PM me & we can have a chat !
Monday 28 April 2008 2.00pm
sarahse1 - would be interested to look at your plans, if you wouldn't mind sharing your address, so we can view on the Southwak Council planning web site? Are you in the Conservation Area?
Monday 28 April 2008 2.25pm
Wow - I just saw your plans Sarah - well done on getting that through the planning department, it looks great. You're lucky that you have that end plot, so your extension to the left hand side (as you look at the house from the front) doesn't impede on anyone elses light. I'm glad that Southwark planning are being pragmatic on designs such as this. I'd love to come and see the finished house when it's complete!
Thursday 15 November 2018 9.03pm
Hello,

10 years on since the last post - I am a local resident looking to re-locate to Alma Grove. I am interested in a property for sale, which doesn't currently have side or first floor rear extension. Does anyone know of any reason why this wouldn't be approved by planning as most houses on the road now seem to have done it?

Any rough estimates on cost would be really helpful for our budget too

Thanks so much
Saturday 17 November 2018 2.57pm
Hi Katie,
I'm not sure about the first floor but the side return extension should be OK as long as you stick to the height rules (which seem to change all the time) I think you would need to speak with a builder re costs. Perfect Builders https://www.facebook.com/perfectbuilders1990/ have done lots of work in the area & most people who have used them would recommend them (including me!)
Good luck !
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions