London SE1 community website

Major water leak in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Sunday 27 April 2008 11.23am
but I've just washed me towels!
Sunday 27 April 2008 12.14pm
Pics here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3269

More news, pics and video to follow

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 27 April 2008 12.17pm
Blimey - that shot of the pavement outside Magdalen - looks like a bomb went off!!

Nice job on getting the pics and story on the site so soon. Hope Magdalen isn't too affected - they should do "flood buffet".
Sunday 27 April 2008 1.05pm

Sunday 27 April 2008 1.49pm
Evidently today is Water day - currently mopping up from neighbour having left her kitchen tap running upstairs.

Drip! Drip!
Zoe
Sunday 27 April 2008 6.20pm
Great pictures James. I hope that Thames Water fixes the road, as it looks a right mess.

Thames Water dug up a portion of road near us, and left it with tarmac, when it had previously been herringbone bricks.

After I complained to the head of public realm, they came and fixed it, but didn't match the paving. They have since dug it up again, and have again left tarmac. I shall have to write to Des Waters again.

It's [email protected], by the way, in case Thames Water don't do a good job on Tooley Street, I found him very helpful.
Sunday 27 April 2008 7.48pm
The London regional segment of the BBC1 Politics Show which normally comes live from City Hall had to broadcast from the BBC London News studio because of the water in the underground service area below the More London estate.

It's a good point re. the paving. I think the high quality paving on Tooley Street was paid for by section 106 cash from More London.

I seem to remember attending a meeting a few years ago organised by the Pool of London Partnership where someone from More London said they had a spare stock of the materials used for the Tooley Street paving to use in case any patching up is neeeded.

I wonder if that stockpile still exists?

Sunday 27 April 2008 8.05pm
Again, good pics and coverage James. Quick too!
Sunday 27 April 2008 8.22pm
The fire brigade now says that crews are expected to remain at the scene throughout the night.

Tomorrow's rush hour could be fun.

Sunday 27 April 2008 9.29pm
Just been informed that my office is closed tomorrow due to no electric. Can i work from home? NO!!!!!!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions