London SE1 community website

London Dungeon - how long does it take to visit?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 4 May 2008 9.12pm
Anybody know how much time i will need to plan for (approximately) for visiting the London Dungeons ?
Thanks !
Sunday 4 May 2008 10.11pm
Don't know but from the queue, I would say 80% of your time queueing and 20% inside. There really are so many better things to do in SE1, especially now the weather's warmer.
Sunday 4 May 2008 11.51pm
Hiya Emma B,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand what you say, but have my children tomorrow, and am bringing them to London for the day, as it's a school holiday, and i am taking them to the Dungeons and the Tower of London.

I live in Winchester, so i was just trying to work out how much time i will need for seeing both etc !

Hope the weather's good tomorrow !

Thanks again...and take care...Vinay
Monday 5 May 2008 9.28am
Don't know if you'll get this in time. The queue can be 3 hours long! There will be staff around to tell you how long your wait is going to be. The tour inside takes about an hour and a half (toilet visit before you start). I have to say with all the standing and walking I'm not sure you can really do the tower and the dungeon in one day. I'm quite a fan of the tower. There's a lot to see in there.
Tuesday 6 May 2008 7.29am
You can buy tickets in advance on the website and jump most of the queue. It takes a good 2 hours or so to go through it all and I am sure the kids will enjoy it, although personally I think the Tower is much more fun!
Tuesday 6 May 2008 11.28am
once inside, the whole thing doesn't take more than 2 hours max
Tuesday 6 May 2008 11.39am
It's not supposed to take more than an hour and a half, and a bit less if it's insanely busy.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions