London SE1 community website

Tower Bridge Road bus crash - woman killed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 20 May 2008 12.56pm
This is so awful.

Does anyone know the name of the woman who died?
Tuesday 20 May 2008 1.18pm
Terrible news, my sympathies to the friends and family of the woman who tragically died in this awful accident.

This is the second time in the past few months the 188 has been involved in a serious crash - one drove into a shop front back in March in Rotherhithe (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7306012.stm)
Tuesday 20 May 2008 1.36pm
Story updated with a couple of eyewitness quotes:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3316

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 20 May 2008 1.58pm
Latest from Scotland Yard is that anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Catford Traffic Garage on 020 8284 5931.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 20 May 2008 2.32pm
I went down there this morning as I live round the corner and was surprised at the damage to the bus. And poor pedestrian who lost her life- it seems she was only young too. I'm sure when I was travelling on the 188 myself the other day I saw signs on the trees warning drivers about them overhanging. They seems to have gone today though.
Tuesday 20 May 2008 3.23pm
Guardian:

A Metropolitan police spokesman said officers were trying to establish "whether the bus collided with the tree or the tree fell on to the bus. We're just not sure yet."
Tuesday 20 May 2008 3.58pm
Shocking news... :-(
Tuesday 20 May 2008 4.10pm
Sky now have details of the person killed
Tuesday 20 May 2008 8.08pm
Saw this on Sky the minute it hit the news sitting here in Tel Aviv. Absolutely baffling. Why on EARTH are there branches low enough to hit the tops of buses? So sad, condolences to the family of that poor girl.
Tuesday 20 May 2008 8.13pm
How horrible.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions