London SE1 community website

M&S Simply Food Bankside

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Jim
Wednesday 4 June 2008 12.46pm
Anyone been in yet?

I pressed my nose to the glass last night and the store looked much bigger than I expected.
Wednesday 4 June 2008 2.52pm
Yes, went in this morning - much bigger than any of the other branches locally and more on a par with the selection at M&S Marble Arch. Wide selection of items they don't stock in the smaller branches - birthday cakes, herbs, baking ingredients, party food, household stuff, greetings cards, etc as well as a hot food and coffee counter. Looks very promising and beats the range at Sainsbury's BHS hands down.
Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.19pm
It was certainly packed at lunchtime - the queue stretched right to the back of the store. I gave up trying to buy a sandwich and went to Pret instead.

The map on the flyers they are handing out is a complete muddle:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.25pm
James Hatts wrote:
The map on the flyers they are handing out is a complete muddle:

And wrong is it not? Unless there is another M&S that's opened today!
Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.29pm
Yes, that's what I meant by "a complete muddle". Couldn't really be more wrong if they tried. How many people will turn up at The Anchor Bankside looking for M&S?

Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.36pm
So, where is it? Southwark St (junction of Gt Guildford) or Bankside?

I'm confused...
Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.42pm
It's at the bottom of the new office building called Bankside 3 near the junction of Great Guildford Street and Southwark Street, opposite Lavington Street.

See the red pin on the map on this page:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3332

Thursday 5 June 2008 5.49pm
With 'Premium Cod Fillets' at 10.95, packaged as if taking part in some form of S&M ritual, I think I'll be sticking to the rather pitiful Sainsbury's. Disappointing since I live directly opposite, though it does have a fine selection of wines which will no doubt see favour.
Thursday 5 June 2008 6.17pm
M&S seem to have a fixation with corks in wine bottles...it slows down the process too much for my liking. however, the wine on sale in sainsbury is so truly awful i may have to dig out the old corkscrew and give M&S a try
Friday 6 June 2008 11.56am
working opposite i watched the insane queues yesterday - its only a shop, sheesh

mind you - anything is better than that hole they labelled sainsburys
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions