London SE1 community website

M&S Simply Food Bankside

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Monday 9 June 2008 2.23pm
Shopped there twice now. Typical M&S: great food, high prices. Overall worth the money over Sainsbury in my opinion.

Wine selection is excellent, good to have the reviews on the shelf..
Monday 9 June 2008 2.39pm
Thank heavens - no one ever need go to Sainsbury's BHS again. Yes it is a tad expernsive, but this M&S is brilliant. As per Sainsbury's adverts, lets "all try something different" today, lets go to M&S!
Monday 9 June 2008 4.41pm
there is worse than sainsbury...there is tesco at empire square. Thank god for M&S i am happy to pay a bit more for the quality they deliver
Tuesday 10 June 2008 6.36am
I must admit the quality of their food is pretty high though I'd prefer less exotic packaging.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 9.26am
I tried it yesterday eveing on the way home from work and was pretty disspaointed. Physically its fine...nice and cool and airy with lots of space but unless you wanted tinned/packaged stuff there really wasn't much choice for fresh food at all. I came out with virtually nothing which is a shame and i will give it another try soon. Maybe they aren't stocking it fully till they get a feel for demand and until some of the buildings are more occupied. It is however a million miles better than both Sainsburys on BHS and Tesco on Long Lane both of which are quite quite horendous even if currently better stocked.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 9.55am
better stocked ????? you have to be kidding! compare the wine selection for instance...
Tuesday 10 June 2008 10.15am
Food might have been handy....as much as i like a nice glass of wine man cannot live by alcohol alone!
Tuesday 10 June 2008 4.37pm
I imagine it is stocked pretty much as is planned. All the M&S stores I know have this obsession with packaged (quality I'll not deny) food. In these times of concern for consumer waste, it intrigues me that they are still comfortable displaying food in the manner they do.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 5.24pm
I have been twice now and both times there have been packets of fresh and cooked meat which have gone off. Two packets of mince, for example, were almost black which I pointed out to staff. The products were still within their sell by dates so maybe the food is being left too long in the delivery area?
When I went yesterday there are an awful 'off' smell as I walked passed the meat and fish section. The staff who were loading up the shelfs seemed oblivious to it and no one seemed to care very much. It is no good M&S spending all the money on the store if they are not able to train their staff accordingly. Be careful everyone as what I saw yesterday on the cooked meat section could really make you ill.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 11.16pm
I wonder if their PR department knows of this sit......
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions