London SE1 community website

M&S Simply Food Bankside

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Saturday 13 September 2008 5.50pm
No-one serving on the tea and coffee tills this evening, despite large sign visible from the street.
Thursday 18 September 2008 5.19pm
Have been in a few times and found it ok, but now I've read some of these commnets I'm not so sure I will be returning! I just wondered if anyone had been in the new Sainsburys at Bermondsey Square yet? (think it opened last Friday?). Still, I bet both of these beat the dreaded Tesco in the Elephant and Castle :)
Thursday 18 September 2008 5.57pm
There's stuff about the Sainsburys on the Bermondsey Sq. thread. Some people - including me! - reckon it's ok as far as it goes but not worth abandoning Fine Life for.
Thursday 18 September 2008 6.41pm
where and what is fine life??
Thursday 18 September 2008 7.46pm
Fine Life is a very nice little grocer just up Tower Bridge Road (past the churchyard). It has a deli counter and decent newsstand, and also rents DVDs. It carries a different and more interesting range of items than the run-of-the-mill corner grocers and chains, and the prices are fine. Plus it is spacious and clean.

(No connect, just a satisfied customer who hopes it doesn't go out of business now that Sainsbury's has opened.)
jw
Thursday 18 September 2008 9.52pm
Just out of interest, has anyone written or contacted M+S head office about this? The shop is driving me mad, so much potential if there was anything worth buying.

I can only assume that people go crazy in there during the day because whenever I go after work the shelves are empty.

Be great to get it stocked properly.

That said, even half stocked, it still beats Tesco Metro
Thursday 18 September 2008 11.50pm
I can't see them stocking the store beyond the office crowd. It's 'merely' us locals after 6pm, so hardly worth their effort in profit terms.
Friday 19 September 2008 11.31am
Tolstoy wrote:
I can't see them stocking the store beyond the office crowd. It's 'merely' us locals after 6pm, so hardly worth their effort in profit terms.

With apologies for that unneccessary second apostrophe. I was the worse for drink whilst writing that up and I understand how these things cause ructions in the literati.
Friday 19 September 2008 12.25pm
Do you mean "it's"? That's correct.
Friday 19 September 2008 3.07pm
Oh it is? I do my best to keep the little bugger under control but worry about it sniffing around the wrong words.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions