London SE1 community website

E&C: back to the drawing board?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 52
Monday 29 September 2008 10.16pm
Apparently,according to trade journal Estate Gazette Boris is refusing to sign off the dismantling of the the Southern Roundabout until the effects on traffic is known and this could effect the whole E&C development as the removal of the roundabout is essential for the development.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 10.13am
*rolls eyes*
Tuesday 30 September 2008 11.53am
There's a good link here http://brockleycentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/boris-backs-roundabouts.html
Only 17% of commuters through Elephant and Castle are in private cars, and yet drivers dominate the streetscape. Pedestrians, train users and bus users have to scurry around to avoid being hit. Kulveer Ranger's decision is baffling. Boris should review it. By my calcuation TfL have had six years to "review the impact [of the scheme] on traffic". What have they been up to?
Tuesday 30 September 2008 4.10pm
How long has this been in planning? How can the effects on traffic not be known?! Its a shambles!
Tuesday 30 September 2008 8.02pm
I just cannot BELIEVE this...ANOTHER bloody consultation on the traffic? It's a joke!
Tuesday 7 October 2008 2.06pm
Just to confirm that Overview & Scrutiny Committee will be getting a project update on the Elephant & Castle on 3 November. We'll be hearing from the key officers, the Executive Member for Regeneration and the Deputy Leader of the Council. I anticipate that this will be a first of many sessions on this project.

We've not finalised the areas we'll discuss but I certainly want to cover the key issues of the agreement with Lendlease, the impact of the changing economic climate on the project, the rehousing of Heygate residents and the assistance being provided to local small businesses.

We'll doubtlessly also discuss the impact of the new Mayor ie level of support for transport projects (southern roundabout and CRT) and changing policy on tall buildings which could also cause some problems for the project.

Happy to receive suggestions for other areas we should investigate.

Regards

Fiona

Cllr Fiona Colley
Chair of Overview & Scrutiny Committee
Tuesday 7 October 2008 4.51pm
I will make a point of trying to get to this meeting one way or another This whole project is turning into a huge joke and source of derision from all quarters.
Tuesday 7 October 2008 5.07pm
Just out of idle curiosity did the residents of Heygate actually want their properties pulled down? When the Aylesbury is pulled down where are all the tenants going? if they can't get it right for the Heygate?
Tuesday 7 October 2008 5.36pm
No, many of us did not want them to demolish our homes. There were no actual structual faults that required the Heygate to be demolished. I am one of the leaseholder's from the estate who applied for rehousing assistance from the council back in February 2008, and I am still to date waiting for a response.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 52

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions