London SE1 community website

Exemplary service at Zizzi, Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 June 2008 5.24pm
Went yesterday to this restaurant for lunch - my Mum had an offer voucher that we didn't want to waste.

The food is your basic (but decent) chain-of-restaurants-Italian.

The service, though, was a cut above the best: pleasant staff with a great attitude and aa high level of professionalism.

We'll be going back even without an offer voucher!

(no connection other than happy - and completely stuffed - customer.)
Monday 23 June 2008 7.18pm
McQueen - your post gives me hope because I've never had expemplary service or good food at Zizzi's on Shad Thames. I really think the food is AWFUL. It's got no taste. I'd prefer to eat an air sandwich. If more people post on here agreeing with your comments then I may try it again...but until then!

PS - I think the Chop House bar is the best place to eat - you can't beat the food or the 10 pound 2 course menu. No affiliation etc etc.

PPS - why hasn't my keyboard got a pound sign?!?!

Monday 23 June 2008 7.26pm
McQueen - you may wish to post a review here in our restaurants section:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/postreview/504

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 24 June 2008 9.30am
Every time I see one of these restaurants, I cannot help but giggle. Zizi in French is willy...
Tuesday 24 June 2008 10.39am
London Aye - the food was ok but not exceptional, but then I wouldn't go to ANY chain restaurant expecting exceptional food. My bruschetta topping was lovely and fresh, but my main course, though flavoursome, was a bit too oily for me. the REAL reason for my post was the service, which was GREAT and I wanted the staff to get the credit they deserved. I know I would have been quick to complain on here if the service had been lousy.

While I'm on the subject, we had a great cup of tea at Teapod afterwards, and the girl who served us was lovely too ;)

James - sorry, was being thick yesterday and could not work out how to post a restaurant review, but will bear this in mind for next time.
Tuesday 24 June 2008 11.15am
quite right the staff at Zizzi are lovely...

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions