London SE1 community website

ANOTHER stabbing on OKR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 2 July 2008 6.47am
The terrifying thing is that stabbing seems to be the answer to an argument. Not talking, not discussing, just - "Shut up and die". It's so sickening I fear for all the young people out there. And while some say it's a black on black problem, look at the boy who was stabbed to death in Islington this week. Nothing black about him. Honestly, I'm not clever enough nor influential enough to think of a solution...but surely there's someone out there who is.
Wednesday 2 July 2008 8.03am
And yet another one in Peckham last night. This country is becoming an awful place to live.
Wednesday 2 July 2008 10.03am
Is it not unusual that the Old Kent Road remains closed 36 hours after this tragic event? I'm no expert in police procedures but I don't remember the area being closed off for so long with previous shootings/stabbings.
Wednesday 2 July 2008 10.11am
Extraordinary...wonder why.
Wednesday 2 July 2008 2.09pm
Yes I have also been wondering why the area closed so long.

Perhaps they are looking at the internet cafe? Wasn't the argument something to do with that. Doesn't really explain why the road is closed.
Wednesday 2 July 2008 2.20pm
Old Kent Road seems to have reopened (at least, the closure is no longer mentioned here: http://trafficalerts.tfl.gov.uk/microsite/ )

Though the traffic was still terrible in Tower Bridge Road about half an hour ago.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 2 July 2008 2.47pm
Just been to the Tescos on the OKR and there is traffic flowing in both directons
Monday 7 July 2008 4.32pm
The police have made a further appeal today:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3388

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 8 July 2008 8.08am
Oh my goodness, this is just an AWFUL story. What are these feral kids thinking of?
Wednesday 9 July 2008 11.42am
My understanding is that the area was sealed off awaiting the forensics team ( no doubt their services are in high demand ).
I think we may be jumping to conclusions in assuming this was a 'typical' youth-on-youth 'feral kids' 'gang respect'scenario.
The police are certainly investigating possible racially-motivated aspects.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions