London SE1 community website

Southwark's Draconian Parking Restrictions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Saturday 29 November 2003 8.19am
If parking ticket wass issued in Southwark, you should still contact a Southwark Councillor. (I used to have the opposite problem sometimes, when my constituents would come to me aboyt a ticket issued in Camden or wherever, & there wasn't anything I could do about it.) Sure, contact Nick, but he isn't a one man band. If you phone 7525 1111 & tell them where the ticket was issued, they should (hopefully) be able to tell you name & contact details for Cllrs for that area. You can then phone them or write to them at Members Room, Southwark Town Hall, SE5 8UB. The advantage of this is that they should know their area & might have other people with same problem. Good luck
Saturday 29 November 2003 8.07pm
Yes Jo Jo,
That partly why I used this forum to gripe. (As well as the fact that I was pretty pissed off.) But have you noticed that since that drinking session he has stopped posting. Was it something we said? Or maybe you were not the girl he thought you would be.

I wonder if he is still lurking in the shadows?
Sunday 30 November 2003 9.47pm
I was ticketed in Clapham on Friday (and clamped tonight, but that's another story!). I was parked on a double yellow at 2am, in a quiet back street. I thought that double yellows were no parking during the day and that at that time it'd be okay at that hour? Have I got it totally wrong? Any guidance or pointers to where I can find out the info would be much appreciated. Grrrr. Bl***y traffic wardens and parking restrictions.
Monday 1 December 2003 8.40am
Sophie,

Highway Code for info on lines. (And do you think that the apparent frquency with which you get ticketed/clamped might not be entirely down to vengeful wardens?)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 1 December 2003 9.17am
Thanks Ivanhoe, and yes I do!

But it's partly down to my lack of understanding where I can and can't park, must be! Surely all traffic wardens can't be that evil/vengeful????!!!
Monday 1 December 2003 9.33am
Thanks TLMJJ,

Hmmm, I am gonna go down to Clapham with my camera, to go and see if there's one of those at any time notices - I don't think there was - and then dispute the ticket if i can!
Monday 1 December 2003 11.33am
The parking services, if you can call them that are nothing more than licenced moder-day highwaymen in my opinion.
I have a disabled permit and live in a very quiet street that is not a major parking violation priority.
Due to my ill health and my need to visit my a doctor urgently, I forgot to put my permit up. I received two PCNs whjich cost me 100.
The treatment I received at the hands of the totally inept Parking Shop was worthy of a former Soviet state. They refused no less than three credit cards even though they had been authorised. They claimed that my address was incorrect on their system even tghough I have lived there for fifteen years and all my Southwark utility bills come to this address!
I spoke to the Manager who tried to fob me off with some waffle about credit card irregularities causing Southwark to return debited funds. It appears that even though my details were correct, their computer system said otherwise.
The whole system needs to be reviewed and Apcoa, the company charged with running parking, needs to sort out their staff and systems.
Rant over!

Ian Glover

Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions