London SE1 community website

Reupholster in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 8 July 2008 5.02pm
Hi All

I have just inherited an old chaise lounge (pardon all spellings today) and I need to find a local person who can reupholster it. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

C
Tuesday 8 July 2008 5.03pm
The closer to Borough the better!
Tuesday 8 July 2008 5.18pm
Not exactly local, but a brilliant chap. I had half a dozen drop-in seats done for dining chairs and this guy is a real craftsman and very reasonably priced - no connection etc and I haven't needed him for a while, but:

Mr & Mrs Coster,
262, Hackney Road
E2 7SJ
020 7739 8770
Tuesday 8 July 2008 5.20pm
Is that bloke down tabard street still there? or was he just wood furniture renovation?

you lucky thing having a chaise lounge handed down...( i'm green with envy)
Tuesday 8 July 2008 5.26pm
btw, it's "chaise longue" (long chair) in case you want to know ;0))
Tuesday 8 July 2008 5.49pm
This isn't SE1 but I think they will collect. I do have a connection, the principals are friends so you must make your own mind up.

http://www.eawates.com/index.html
Tuesday 8 July 2008 5.58pm
JayBee...I wanna lounge on a longue, fank yew...:-)
Wednesday 9 July 2008 8.12am
I had a thought last night about taking a class and trying to do it myself. Any other suggestions about that would also be great!

I was also looking at Squint but as usual, I can't afford my own taste!

C
Wednesday 9 July 2008 9.22am
You could try Fowlds who are adjacent to Burgess Park on the way to Camberwell, they do a quality job and have been around for ages: http://www.avfowlds.co.uk/
Wednesday 9 July 2008 4.21pm
Jan - do you mean the wood carver on Tabard street? he is still there, carving wood.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions