London SE1 community website

Viva Verdi- anyone like live opera?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 14 July 2008 6.46pm
It struck me as curious that someone who claims to have been there on Saturday evening when it was evidently closed then goes on to mention its availability for corporate events.

The language used doesn't convince these ears/eyes.
Monday 14 July 2008 7.51pm
if the food is good it will be a much needed addition to se1...is there ANY decent italian restaurant around (not strada, not zizzy, not cantina puleeeease..) on the other hand the name and the opera stunts sound just a bit silly. what kind of restaurant that wants to be taken seriously is closed at weekends?
Monday 14 July 2008 8.12pm
To be fair all those restaurants are suffering in that little enclave ,Amano,Leon when I go by have only a few custhere is very little trade especially in the winter most of the business is done from the office trade at lunchtime.The Sushi place Tsuru has never been open in the evening let alone weekends..
Monday 14 July 2008 8.17pm
apologises for my last post it should have read "when I go by have only a few customers as there is very little trade"
Monday 14 July 2008 10.36pm
boroughpaul wrote:
if the food is good it will be a much needed addition to se1...is there ANY decent italian restaurant around (not strada, not zizzy, not cantina puleeeease..) on the other hand the name and the opera stunts sound just a bit silly. what kind of restaurant that wants to be taken seriously is closed at weekends?


You haven't found La Lanterna yet? Or Arancia?
Tuesday 15 July 2008 8.19am
Birdie wrote:
boroughpaul wrote:
if the food is good it will be a much needed addition to se1...is there ANY decent italian restaurant around (not strada, not zizzy, not cantina puleeeease..) on the other hand the name and the opera stunts sound just a bit silly. what kind of restaurant that wants to be taken seriously is closed at weekends?


You haven't found La Lanterna yet? Or Arancia?

Or Tentazioni.
Tuesday 15 July 2008 9.05am
I wonder if Kimberly_b and pete26 have ever met....
Tuesday 15 July 2008 9.44am
Ha! Good grief..I was there last weekend at a private event.
Tuesday 15 July 2008 10.09am
JayBee wrote:
I wonder if Kimberly_b and pete26 have ever met....
Funny you should say that.

I had been trying very hard not to be suspicious about this thread, but Pete26's arrival confirmed to me that something odd was going on.

Some readers will remember an incident on this forum involving Viva Verdi at the end of April. They were extremely apologetic when they were caught out. I suspect different people are involved on this occasion.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 16 July 2008 2.46pm
Tentazioni has a legitimate claim, I think, to be the best restaurant in SE1. No connection etc.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions