London SE1 community website

Simon The Tanner Pub sold again

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 6 of 10
Jac
Saturday 14 November 2009 12.26pm
But Simon the Tanner has planning permission for development already ( I think for 2 flats above). The britannia freehold was sold for 400,000 without planning permission for change of use developement etc, and presumably unless it was sold as a going concern then they have leaseholders and we dont how long their lease has to run.

That said 400,00 did strike me as rather cheap.
Monday 16 November 2009 8.38am
it was up for 600,000 before they got planning permission-not sure they will get anywhere near that with the sitting tennants!
Wednesday 14 April 2010 6.28pm
there seems to be some activity around this pub..

decorating/ building work..

is it reopening as a pub. anyone got any info??
Thursday 15 April 2010 8.32am
it is being developed into flats-3 upstairs-the bar area is staying and will be let out-if anyone will take it on!
Thursday 15 April 2010 9.15am
Gosh, who will buy a flat right above a pub?
Thursday 15 April 2010 11.26am
Amazing that you can now see the original window frames of Simon the Tanner and the building they're doing up on the corner of Long Lane and Bermondsey Street, with them having been boarded up for so long. Fingers crossed that whole section of Long Lane is going to get completed this year!
Thursday 15 April 2010 11.46am
it may not necessarilly be a pub.. spose it could equally be a cafe/bar..
lets hope whoever takes it on is more clued up than the hartley's current runners..
spose with a restaurant opening up at the corner of long lane/berm st.. it seems the right time to unmothball the tanner
Friday 16 April 2010 8.46am
being surrounded by flats i think it may be restricted as to what it can be and opening hours

it will probably be left empty for a while and the owners will use the argument it cannot be sold and it will become a flat as well
Tuesday 5 October 2010 5.19pm
Anyone know what the latest is? Looks like it's being done up with a view to reopening.

There's an application for a licence variation in the window, but it's undated and it's not on the Southwark online register.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 5 October 2010 5.33pm
they are trying to market it as a lock up pub. the notice appears to be for a premises variation but I cannot see any details-it looks like they are trying to change some aspect of the bar area around but it does not say what?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 6 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions