London SE1 community website

Simon The Tanner Pub sold again

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 9 of 10
Friday 6 May 2011 11.05pm
Glad to chime in that I enjoyed nice food and a great atmosphere at Simon the Tanner as well. I will definitely be returning.

Cheers STT!
Friday 6 May 2011 11.25pm
I think Simon the Tanner is my favourite local now - such nice staff (the lovely Vera is a stand out) and really good food. When I've taken friends there they have rated it much more highly than a Bermondsey St option. I hope their lack of a real outdoor space doesn't affect business during summer.
Saturday 7 May 2011 9.01am
Welcome Nigel and Julie, hope you will keep Simon the Tanner rocking, we loved it in the past and were sorry for its demise. Good luck.
Sunday 8 May 2011 6.51pm
My partner and I normally drink at the Woolpack but do find it gets very busy and the lack of seating is a pain! After reading the reviews about STT, we will definitely be giving it a try :)
Monday 9 May 2011 10.59am
yeh tried it last week.. it was a sunday before the bank holiday and quite full but not overly busy..

prices seem agreable too.. The Woolpack prices are way over the top for drinks.

the staff are friendly and the lady seems to have a good way with people .. she can also nicely deal with the odd problem customer who may wander in off the street (if you know what I mean)

pub quiz required i think,, but the pubs definately heading in the right direction..good atmsospher well done
STT
Friday 13 May 2011 3.24pm
Have just very much enjoyed reading all your lovely comments on here, thank you all! It's great to hear that, thus far, we're getting things right and thanks for letting us know.
Hopefully see you all soon and a quiz is definitely on our list to do, anyone know a good quiz master?? Are any of you good quiz masters? :)

Thank you!
Friday 13 May 2011 4.29pm
Food feedback sounds good. When you work at home there's nothing better than having a good pub within walking distance where you can get a break and a bite half way through the day. Looking forward to trying it.
Tuesday 7 June 2011 12.43pm
Jackie, you must know StT from a long time ago. When we moved in next door (over 10 years ago) it was open but closed soon after. Since then it opened briefly but was decidedly rough, I remember a mass fight one night, spilling out across the street.
Living next door I obviously have mixed feelings, particularly with it being closed so long, but really would much rather have it open and doing a good job. Don't understand why all the comparisons with Bermondsey St. though, personally wouldn't use the Woolpack under any circumstances. There are however decent pubs/bars in the area and let's hope StT takes it's place amongst them.
Tuesday 7 June 2011 8.08pm
Peterroe...why the negatives about the Woolpack? i've always found it a good buzzy pub with some excellent food. Still good to see STT revived...lets hope people use it, a worthwhile addition to SE1
Thursday 9 June 2011 2.43pm
I had never visited STT previously ut being in that area yesterday it seemed a good time to have a look at it. Being early afternoon it was very quiet, only a brewery rep in there on arrival [by chance he remembered meeting me in the Market Porter last year and could even recall my name!]. A couple of guys called before I left but otherwise it was very quiet. Had a chat with a pleasant Glaswegian lady who was in charge of the bar and discovered I had been into their sister pub near Kings Cross only two weeks ago. Anyway the place is nicely turned out and I shall make an effort to go there one evening when I assume it will be busier.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 9 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions