London SE1 community website

Grange Road road works

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 30 July 2008 5.02pm
So according to Bill.O the works is to install a new zebra crossing, and according to the Southwark website it is BT (and should have been finished on the 15th of July). Anyone know for sure?

In any case, they were finally letting vehicles through in both directions last night!

My growel now will be for the shoddy work that has been done when putting the tarmac back, very bumpy and unlevel which is definitely very noticeable when on a bike. Who make sure that the status on the road is the same when they leave as when they arrive?
Wednesday 30 July 2008 7.31pm
Jenny,

Here is my source:

From: Strehlow, Todd [mailto:Todd.Strehlow@southwark.gov.uk]
Sent: 05 June 2008 13:46
To: Bill Owen
Subject: RE: Grange Road

Dear Bill
We will be shortly publishing a statutory notice which will facilitate the installation of 2 cushions proposed o/s No. 53 and 4 cushions o/s No. 204. In adduition we will be raising the zebra crossing at the corner of Spa Road, which was previously agreed by then delayed due to the adjacent construction site (now completed). We hope that all this work will be completed by the end of July.
I hope this meets with your approval. I understand your reservations about cushions, but as discussed with you: for the type of street that Grange Road is, cushions are the only practical solution.
Regards
Todd
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions