London SE1 community website

Curious incidents in the Harper Road area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 4 September 2008 10.09pm
I wandered along today to have a look at the blue crystal flat on Harper Road that's been getting a bit of publicity. I wasn't wildly impressed, but it certainly wasn't a fruitless visit!

A woman in some distress approached me on Harper Road asking if I could lend her a lighter. I didn't have one, but this didn't deter her from explaining to me that she urgently needed one as she wanted to smoke some crack she had. I suppose I shouldn't have been too bemused by this, but my slightly puzzled condition was increased when I carried on down to New Kent Road, where a teenager on a bicycle zoomed past me, shouting racist abuse at another pedestrian and then heading back to give me a volley of homophobic abuse. It was all rather surreal.
Friday 5 September 2008 8.23am
A snapshot of london life.
Friday 5 September 2008 8.57am
Delightful :-(
Friday 5 September 2008 10.11am
I must go to Harper Road and see what happens!
Friday 5 September 2008 11.50am
You can buy lighters at the corner shop, or the newsagent on Harper Rd. I'd suggest buying a little less crack, so that there's enough change for a lighter.

Although I must say I've never been troubled by anyone wanting me to help them with their drug-taking in my frequent walks down Harper Rd.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 5 September 2008 12.09pm
I must look like the sort of person who would oblige.
Friday 5 September 2008 12.11pm
In which case...can I borrow your lighter, please?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 5 September 2008 12.16pm
Sounds like a sketch from Little Britain!

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions