London SE1 community website

Overkill?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Thursday 12 November 2009 5.23pm
As a banker myself, I take offence to being "broad brushed" like that and being called "identikit".

Lets be honest about this, it's not just the bankers that exhibit this type of herd behaviour, it's the vast majority of the population. Having looked into human decision making processes for a piece of work I have done, it struck me that "herd" behaviour has everything to do with not wanting to be seen to do something controversely to what seems to be the norm. It's not so much about being the only one getting it right, but what if you do something that goes against general belief and you get it wrong. At least when you do something that everyone does and it goes wrong, you were not the only one.

Similar to taking a chance on a new restaurant, or wearing a red jacket to work (Trust me I've done it, the results are quite funny).

To come back to Bankside Mix - I would love to see some more variety, but being as it is, it caters mainly for workers in the surrounding areas. As a result, it's probably a case that the only places that can afford to run on an hour or so a day are the big chains...
Sunday 15 November 2009 12.16pm
SJS22 wrote:
Shame it's a small branch of WHSmith. Wonder if it will be open at the weekends.
Yes - opening hours: http://twitpic.com/pmdj3

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 4 August 2010 8.12am
In the light of the discussion earlier in the thread, this may be of interest:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4733

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions