London SE1 community website

FREE Toughened Glass Sheets

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 16 September 2008 9.59pm
Hi all,

I have 4 sheets of toughened glass that I will offer on a first come, first served basis. I need to get rid of all of the pieces, preferably by this Friday. These would have been expensive pieces of glass. All except the glass top have never been used!

I live in SE1, just off Tower Bridge Road & inside the congestion zone. The estate that I live on has vehicle access between 8:30 & 6pm only. While the access to my flat is very good, the glass is extremely heavy to shift, so you will need a couple of strong mates & a suitable vehicle.

The measurements in cm are:

- 1 Opaque pane is 2 pieces of glass joined together(back to back). It has a hole cut for a handle (approx. 5cm diameter) 95cm wide x 114 cm long. Double thickness.

- 1 table top clear glass. 126cm wide x 202 long.

- 1 piece of frosted glass with a pattern of 2 strips of squares that run the length of the glass. The panel is 119cm wide x 257 long. The squares are 10cm square. This piece was going to be a door & has 2 x small holes for the handle.

- 1 clear piece of glass 126 wide & 213 long.

The approx. thickness of the glass is 1cm wide, except for the first piece, which is wider.

Thanks - Sharon.

077 966 24331
Wednesday 17 September 2008 12.56pm
All of these sheets of glass have now been collected - that was REALLY quick!

Many thanks - S.
Thursday 18 September 2008 8.02am
You have to love this site!
Thursday 18 September 2008 8.25am
Yes, yes I do.

In fact in our house, we don't Google it anymore, we SE1 it!

(Oddly enough I'm searching for more recommendations now...)

Best - S.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions