London SE1 community website

Netball

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Monday 29 September 2008 4.29pm
I'm making relatively slow headway, but I've found a possible internal venue near to Oval. I'm making enquiries about costs, but it may be problematic due to a lack of posts!

I was thinking of something that would start between 7pm and 7.30pm, but want to have a venue secured before thinking about starting times!

It's going a little slowly at the moment due to work commitments, but I'd love to hear from anybody that could make more venue enquiries on my behalf!
Monday 29 September 2008 5.22pm
I"m quite happy to help! PM me with details of where you've tried so I don't cover the same ground and I'll get on the case!
Monday 29 September 2008 5.27pm
Just a thought, what about the City of London Academy (website below)? Not central SE1 but a possibility maybe. I won't call so as not to duplicate effort but let me know if you would like me to.

http://www.cityacademy.co.uk/lettings.html
E&P
Tuesday 30 September 2008 9.19am
HI there. You may like to look at the following website : http://www.socialsports.co.uk as you can join a team with them- there are some courts near the Imperial War museum.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 10.28am
Great idea, Homeletter, I'd love to be involved. I'm another of those who loved netball when younger but was sidelined as I wasn't sporty enough when it got really competitive.
6-7 years ago I used to organise weekly turn up and play games in kennington - it turned out to be a great combination of furious exercise and lots of laughs - the people who took it too seriously didn't really fit in.
I still have two great sets of homemade bibs, just waiting to be brought back into use.
Colombo centre courts are the only ones I know of locally
Kathy
Tuesday 30 September 2008 4.19pm
Hi All,

My girlfriend has asked me to post that she'd be very interested: playing at the Columbo Centre would be ideal, outside is much nicer overall (it rains less in London than in Paris or Rome..!)
Tuesday 30 September 2008 11.34pm
I'll be interested as well! :)
Wednesday 1 October 2008 8.46am
hi all. I'd be interested in joining in. Again,I'm one that got sidelined at school for being short but would definitely be up for a friendly game!
Wednesday 1 October 2008 8.28pm
Hi, I haven't played since school either (about 15 years) but would definitely be interested in joining up!!
Wednesday 1 October 2008 11.33pm
wow looks like we've got enough for two teams! I see a game coming on!! ok so in terms of location, our best bets seem to either be the Columbo centre, the place you've found in oval or the geraldine mary harmsworth park next to the imperial war museum.
Shall I contact the outdoor venues and see what they say?
Also does anyone have a preferred night? Go team!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions