London SE1 community website

Netball

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Thursday 2 October 2008 2.21am
The Columbo Centre is meant to be pretty good and I'm OK with any night.....
Thursday 2 October 2008 8.27am
as long as it's not fri or sat I don't mind.
Thursday 2 October 2008 8.20pm
Hiya
Sounds like a great idea! Me and my sis would be up for joining!
Cheers
Karen
Monday 6 October 2008 5.17pm
Hi

I'd also be really interested. I live in SE11 and have been waiting for a game to start up for ages, as long as we can start after 6pm as the only other one in the area seem's to be at 5:30pm :-(

Thanks
Claire
Monday 6 October 2008 10.18pm
Ok, I've been busy beavering away behind the scenes.

I've given up with trying to fnd an inside venue. There are quite a few venues, but none suitable, marked with lines, containing netball posts.

Considering that I was hoping the site to be in SE11, I hopped over to Kennington Park this evening to enquire about time slots. There are very few as there are lots of large group bookings... So, we have the following slots:

Mon 9pm - 10pm
Tue 9pm - 10pm
Wed 9pm - 10pm
Thu Pretty much fully booked
Fri All evening
Sat All evening
Sun 1pm - 7pm.

There are a few earlier slots that I can't be bothered to list eg. 5pm, which will be impossible for working people. I have no intention of considering Friday or Saturday evenings... I can't do Wednesdays. So, I think it's either going to be a 9pm - 10pm slot... Or, possibly Sunday 5pm - 7pm might be suitable.

What do others think? Obviously, we won't reach agreement, but I'm just wondering which times people might prefer.
Tuesday 7 October 2008 8.21am
Sunday evening sounds good!
Tuesday 7 October 2008 1.25pm
Hi

I'm happy with Sunday or the later evening slots.

Happy to go with the majority.

Claire x
Tuesday 7 October 2008 2.45pm
Happy with any (not fri or sat) x
Wednesday 8 October 2008 11.07am
I'm thinking that the Sunday evening slot between 5 - 7 looks quite good, but I need to speak to some off-web people who are interested.

The court cost if 8 per hour, which is very reasonable. Would people consider 1.50 too much to contribute per session per person? I'll cover the extra hire costs if there aren't many people, but I figure that bibs and a ball would be a good start too...
Wednesday 8 October 2008 11.18am
Sounds great! I'm really excited about this! will pass on info to my friends who are interested too!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions