London SE1 community website

Pilates/Yoga/Gym/Classes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Sunday 15 August 2010 12.31pm
Hi Julie,

I work at Soho Gyms in Borough. Our Yoga & Pilates instuctors are of a very high standard. We also have a studio just for these classes.

Please use this link below to see our current timetable

http://www.sohogyms.com/pdf/Borough.pdf

Chris
Tuesday 31 August 2010 10.35pm
Hi All,
Thought I'd give praise to two SE1 classes I've been thrilled to take part in... I love Kellie's Pilates class on Wednesdays (she posted earlier in this thread). I've been participating for many months and what an amazing core workout we get! Kellie is fab-u-lous!

Also, I've just started creative hatha yoga with Naomi at the Masters Club tuesday nights at 7:15 London Rd near London Bridge Station. Naomi is just absolutely lovely and the location is brilliant!

I had been looking for some se1 yoga that fit my schedule for a long while and I'm really pleased to have stumbled on to Naomi's class (in a google search)

:)
Cassie
Wednesday 1 September 2010 12.33pm
Thanks Cassie!

Just to let people know that there will be no class tonight (Sept. 1st) but we will be resuming again next week.

Please get in touch if you would like to join this class. We have a great space with plenty of room to stretch out!

Kellie
Phone: 07985700879
Thursday 2 September 2010 2.50pm
I can highly recommend Alessandra Margarito's pilates classes just opposite Bermondsey Square:
http://www.rhythmoflife.org.uk/classes_lon.html

Small classes, great personal attention. I've been attending for about 9 months now and thoroughly enjjoy it.

She runs classes most nights at varying times.
Thursday 2 September 2010 5.19pm
Thanks Cassie!

The yoga class is a new, drop in class and it is suitable for all levels, Tuesdays 7.15 pm to 8.15 pm next to London Bridge station. If anyone has any queries about the class you are very welcome to get in touch with me - my email address is [email protected]

Naomi
Friday 3 September 2010 4.17pm
I was wondering if any local pilates/exercise to music class teachers have availability to teach a group class on either Thursday evenings (8-9pm) or Saturday mornings (9.30-10.30am). The classes would be based at Mint Street Adventure Playground (http://mintstreet.org.uk) and would be for a group of around 8 local mums who will sign up for five week classes at a time. The teacher would not need to advertise the classes, would be guaranteed payment in five week blocks and you would not need to pay rent at the facility. If you are interested please PM me with your cost per class and further information about yourself.

Thanks
Monday 6 September 2010 4.10pm
Hi Jo,
Contact Jo Blake for the Pilates at hankey hall.
We are starting back on Thursday. It is in Hankey place off Long lane and starts at 10.
Jo's number is - 07960513214
Wednesday 8 September 2010 4.22pm
Hi Julie,

Firstly, welcome to Bermondsey! I have been here nearly 4 years and love it, everyone is really friendly and has a great community feel.

If you fancy Yoga with a difference why not try out YogaVibes(TM)? I have Power Plate studio in Weston Street. www.fitnessforeverybody.co.uk Beko the instructor is brilliant he has been teaching yoga for 20 years and has adapted his style on the Power Plate. It is on Wednesdays @10am and Wednesdays @8pm. We offer a free trial on the Power Plate and half price for the first YogaVibes(TM) class. If you have not tried power plate before it may be worth having a class on the plate first.

Good health!

Jane 0207 403 9988
Friday 17 September 2010 12.31pm
Rebekah78 did you find anyone for your Mint Street classes? I know a fabulous teacher who teaches a group of my work colleagues and me as well as groups of my friends nearby - not sure if she'll be available on the days you mentioned - but I could ask her if you're not already sorted out. I'd also be interested in joining a class at Mint St. Let me know where you got to.
Saturday 18 September 2010 8.12am
That would be great if you can pass on the details but before I start anything how much does the person charge as we are trying to keep the costs down.

Are you a local mum - if so it would be great if you wanted to join in once we start the classes?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions