London SE1 community website

Sunday Roasts SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Tuesday 30 September 2008 11.52am
Ev on Isabella Street do an excellent Sunday 'roast' for 7.95 a head. You get a choice of a massive, delicious chicken thing, a massive, delicious lamb thing or calamare (all served with loads of chips and salad) or a pasta special (veggie) plus free bread and a glass of wine or beer!
Tuesday 30 September 2008 2.46pm
The Hartley on TBR is my favourite for a sunday lunch.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 3.31pm
The Garrison is my favourite for Sunday lunch. You do have to book way in advance nowadays though.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 5.30pm
there is a thread on here suggesting that the hartley has lost its appeal...
jw
Tuesday 30 September 2008 9.18pm
Yeah I was just reading that - has anyone tried the Union Jack I think it's called on corner of Union St and Great Suffolk St?

Noticed today they are open sat and sundays now and doing food. Not sure if it's roasts though.

Do like a good pub for a sunday lunch although have heard great things about The Garrison.
Wednesday 1 October 2008 11.12pm
I had a Sunday Roast at The Mad Hatter Hotel last Sunday. Was very good but portions were a bit small for my liking. I could have eaten two of them, but maybe I am just greedy.
jw
Thursday 2 October 2008 6.31am
Has anyone been to the Charles Dickens for sunday lunch recently? Saw on a post from about a year ago that it was good but just wondered if any newer feedback?
Pen
Monday 6 October 2008 9.44am
The kings arms do a great sunday roast.
Monday 6 October 2008 10.07am
hydrometer wrote:
I had a Sunday Roast at The Mad Hatter Hotel last Sunday. Was very good but portions were a bit small for my liking. I could have eaten two of them, but maybe I am just greedy.

My mum likes to say "Im not greedy but I like a lot"
Monday 6 October 2008 10.20am
Also Im surprised no-ones mentioned Fuzzys. Ok its not just on Sundays and probably not the best (not as good as mothers of course) but Fuzzys Grub on Tooley Street is very popular with colleagues and much better now since they've stopped burning the roast potatoes.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions