London SE1 community website

Any good cafés?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 29 December 2003 12.18pm
Out of interest, does anyone else remember the caff that used to be in the premises that are now hosting Thames Spice Tandoori (near to Borough Market, just further down the road from Borough Caff)? Italian flag, piccies of the Azurri, great bread & butter pudding and a thick fog of steam laced with fried grease. I think it ceased being a caff about 5 years ago. It was truely the best caff in London.

Wednesday 31 December 2003 1.55pm
Yes Nick, I knew the cafe very well - it was my neighbour. It used to be a really great place to eat and was always packed to the rafters (unlike the 'Thames Spice' which has deteriorated quite badly since it first opened). My kids used to take a plate in there and order a breakfast or whatever and bring it back home to eat it. What larks Pip, what larks.....

Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions