London SE1 community website

Leathermarket Court security (bike stolen)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Wednesday 29 October 2008 7.48pm
...drip.......drip......drAAAAAAAAGH!
Wednesday 29 October 2008 8.34pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
...drip.......drip......drAAAAAAAAGH!

No way??? Has the dripping resumed there? Oh I can't wait until someone resucitates the old thread about the Leathermarket Court leakage. Was so much fun! :-p
Wednesday 29 October 2008 10.54pm
lol, I have been restraining myself from posting on the same subject for the last few days. I am also looking forward to a good old skate on Lake Morocco Street soon! ;-)

Have to agree that the last thread on this subject was Pure comedy gold!
Wednesday 29 October 2008 11.10pm
How great to relive those heady days of dribbles on the head, especially cold ones! Fair wakes one up :P Of course, if I was old and grey.....oh, I am, lol
Thursday 30 October 2008 10.21am
That thread was actually the first thing I read on this site back in May--I googled Leathermarket and it was one of the first links.
Thursday 30 October 2008 3.38pm
I have been living in Leathermarket Court for 3 years and just had my third bike stolen last week. I am on the ground floor and yet they came round the front and took the bike.

In three years no one has made the effort to secure Leathermarket Court.

I am getting a new bike this weekend and will lock it against the rail and I have no doubt that someone will try and steal it soon.
Thursday 20 November 2008 1.18pm
Terrence, if you're on the ground floor why don't you store it inside your property? Can't be that much hassle getting it in and out. You can buy frames to hold it off the floor to protect carpets etc.
Thursday 20 November 2008 2.25pm
how 'bout this...
no connection etc.

http://www.bikeaway.com/lockers.htm
Thursday 20 November 2008 3.21pm
Thanks guys, love the locker idea...
Thursday 20 November 2008 3.55pm
Terrence, I live in a gated development off Tower Bridge rd where, despite gates, 24hr porter, and CCTV cameras everywhere, bikes are regularly stolen. As a consequence, I have recently decided to store my bike inside my appartment. No more risk of it being stolen or getting rusty in the rain, and it gives my interior a nice urban feel! :)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions