London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Square Cinema

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 10 of 14
Thursday 7 May 2009 3.46pm
The Ritzy used to do regular screenings for knitters leaving the lights up. I'm sure I Knit London in Waterloo would love to do a tie-in with you. They already have a book group, sunday lunch and pub crawls. Cinema seems the logical next step ;-)
Friday 8 May 2009 7.28am
I don't knit but this sounds great. Good publicity angle as well. I want photos!
Friday 8 May 2009 7.54am
A Tale of Two Cities would be apt fare for les tricoteuses de Bermondsey.
Friday 8 May 2009 9.29am
Jason Ross - Shortwave wrote:
i'm not familiar with screenings for knitters, but of course if this is a well established (and politically influential) special interest group and other cinemas are doing so, then we will of course consider the possibility...
Good to see you going out on a limb like that. Edgy and unique

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 8 May 2009 10.03am
ROFL! It is a far, far......
Friday 8 May 2009 10.44am
to be honest i thought it was a wind up... but i now have it on good authority that it's not..
Friday 8 May 2009 1.19pm
Wind Up? Moi?! Never! Us knitters never joke about new and strange places to knit. Having tried the chairs in the Shortwave bar I can confirm that they are a very comfortable place to spend an hour knitting - arms are just the right width to knit.

If you want a knitting consultant would be happy to offer my services and contacts Jason ;-)

And any jokes about guillotines or revolutions will be studiously ignored.
Sunday 10 May 2009 7.10pm
Finally got the rest of this month's Shortwave listings loaded onto this site:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/types/cinema

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 10 May 2009 7.14pm
also if you go to our website you can download our monthly brochure in pdf format. www.shortwavefilms.co.uk
Friday 15 May 2009 8.49am
I went to the Sunday screening - We are the Lambeth Boys and Together double bill - and it was great (if the ending to Together was a bit of a shock!). What a wonderful addition to the area.

A perfect couple of films for SE1 locals - Together was set in the Butlers Wharf when it was a working dock, and We are the Lambeth Boys was a documentary about growing up in the local area in the 50s - lets just say I am glad I was born 30 years later.

However I was most disappointed to see that the screening was only 20% full - come on SE1-ers support your local!
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 10 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions