London SE1 community website

Midnight dinner suggestions?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 October 2008 8.46am
I need to take a friend out for a very late local-ish dinner tomorrow night, midnight or so. We don't mind cheap and a bit trashy, but we'd like to sit down rather than take away. Any ideas, other than fast food chains?
Thursday 16 October 2008 9.21am
I once went pretty late to a place right by London Bridge which did me a poor man's steak (sic) and seemed to be Latin American. I had had a skinful, I must confess, but I remember its being quite an amusing place, and the food was hearty, albeit hardly sophisticated. Sadly I can't remember the name of the place. (I went about three years ago.) I think it was accessed from the bit of Tooley Street that runs away north from Duke Street Hill.
Thursday 16 October 2008 9.24am
I don't mind venturing out of SE1, we are fine for transport, and I have been reading ecstatic reviews online of Meze Mangal in Lewisham. It's a Turkish place open til 3am at weekends. It's looking like we might go there.
Thursday 16 October 2008 9.50am
A hotel?
Thursday 16 October 2008 10.10am
Boheme on Old Compton St is open till 3 am.
Thursday 16 October 2008 11.04am
Tower Kebab's on TBR is open until 2am on a Friday/Saturday night.
Thursday 16 October 2008 11.08am
If you don't mind traveling out of SE1, Tinseltown in Farringdon is open 24 hours - American burger place http://www.tinseltown.co.uk/index.php
Thursday 16 October 2008 2.04pm
Buddha Bar, just under Waterloo Bridge, northern side is open until 4am and serves food until about 1am, I think. It's more than the average though.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions