London SE1 community website

If you don't live in SE1, where do you live?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Wednesday 22 October 2008 12.27pm
I live in the oasis of charm and civility that is SE11.
I envy you in Tel Aviv Jackie. Visited in January and loved it.
Wednesday 22 October 2008 2.04pm
Camberwell SE5. I work in SE1 though - have done for years (first in Waterloo, now on Southwark Bridge Road).
Wednesday 22 October 2008 8.52pm
I love in Poole, Dorset but born n bred in SE1.
Friday 24 October 2008 9.27am
SE16 (Southwark Park Road)
Friday 31 October 2008 3.07pm
I live in Hitchin, Herts.

But I lived in Southwark for many years: first at E&C (Metro Central, like Jackie) then Pages Walk (can I tell you how much I loved my house there? Oh ok, you don't want to go to sleep yet...) then back to Metro Central.

And I still work there (London Studios)...

It's my spiritual home (along with Wapping).
Monday 3 November 2008 9.40am
I live in the fabulous SE11 :)
Saturday 6 December 2008 6.48pm
Born in SE1 (King James St) lived in Webber Row SE1, worked in SE1 (Bowaters Upper Ground long gone)Live in Crickhowell, Powys, Great place to live and bring up kids, Still miss London very much and would love to get back.
Saturday 21 April 2012 11.14pm
Lived in Clapton Buildings, Webber Row. Now live in Crickhowell Wales.
Sunday 22 April 2012 9.59pm
SE16. My house was in SE1 when I bought it but the Council changed the boundaries to exclude properties on my street even though some of them were built circa 1860 which is long before they existed.
Monday 23 April 2012 7.12am
Tony why were you in Tel Aviv without telling me??? this amounts to cruelty! Come back soon.
And even if I live in Tel Aviv I also live in SE1 and wouldnt move for the world. Was in SE5 in Camberwell before - that was after I emigrated from SW1 and smart Belgravia...o tempora o mores!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions