London SE1 community website

If you don't live in SE1, where do you live?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Wednesday 25 April 2012 3.09pm
Debrajoan wrote:
Peter FC wrote:
R.Vanderwerf wrote:
@Jon & jackie: I've been a regular (5-6 times /year) visitor to SE1 for some years and now feel like it's my 2nd home. Regularly logging in at this forum to check waht's happening over there.
@boroughonian: ha, OK I like that one! No "coffeeshops" in my hometown (although liberals are the main political party in city council) and I prefer your pubs!

By the way: I almost hesitate to say this at a SE1 forum .... but are there any more Tottenham Hotspur fans down here?

Happy to admit that I am a Spurs fan!!

Keep taking the tablets Peter!

Tom, shouldn't that be "gehen auf den Blauen!" ?

I've no wish to be pedantic DJ but if anything it should be gehen auf "dem" blauen
in German, (I think.)

I was trying it in Dutch in honour of our guest from Amstelveen!
Wednesday 25 April 2012 6.50pm
I have lived in Amstelveen, but have a strong preference for SE1. Maar, mijn hart ligt bij Ajax.
Wednesday 25 April 2012 8.04pm
Good team Ajax, no argument, but in the Netherlands I like PSV Eindhoven, or you can travel a leisurely 130 clicks south via Antwerpen and catch a good Belgian team, Anderlecht, in Brussells.
Wednesday 25 April 2012 8.18pm
@ Maurits: where did you live in Amstelveen? I live in the Bankras area and during my school time visited the Casimir College.

And regarding Dutch soccer: yes, Ajax play their home matches just a few miles away. But having Frisian family, it should be SC Heerenveen to me.
Wednesday 25 April 2012 11.01pm
R.Vanderwerf wrote:

By the way: I almost hesitate to say this at a SE1 forum .... but are there any more Tottenham Hotspur fans down here?

Another one here, Shelfside lower season ticket holder! Glutton for punishment!
Wednesday 25 April 2012 11.28pm
I now live in Columbia Heights - Washington, DC. Used to live in the Jam Factory.
Thursday 26 April 2012 9.32am
Born in Bushey Hill Road, Camberwell. Relatives lived in East Dulwich and Forest Hill. My childhood spent in St Albans, married also lived in Palmers Green and Bounds Green, divorced now live in Wanstead. My first pets were allegedly bought in East Street Market.

Learnt to love the Borough Market area in the nineties and call the Market Porter my 'local' even if I don't live here.
Thursday 26 April 2012 10.59am
There used to a man selling kittens and puppies in a crate in East street ...in the fifties...up till sixties. There was also a pet shop that my grand dad inisted was a Zoo because they had a monkey in there! forties!
Tuesday 1 May 2012 5.09pm
I've had a flat in SE1 for 20 years while oscillating back and forth to Zurich, the Hague, Houston, New York, E.Sussex, Kent and a few other spots. Presently in New Jersey, but looking forward to SE1 in a couple of weeks if I can make it through Heathrow.
Zoe
Wednesday 2 May 2012 7.02am
Then we'll never be seeing you again Mark, you'll be living at Heathrow. Take some good photos!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions