London SE1 community website

If you don't live in SE1, where do you live?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Tuesday 8 May 2012 7.25am
thanks Jackie - we try.
Tuesday 8 May 2012 1.08pm
I live in Orpington,been visiting since WW2, love the area.
Wednesday 9 May 2012 11.39pm
Berm born n bred...Lynton road...
Thursday 10 May 2012 1.17am
Originally from SE27, lived in SE1 from 1995-2003. Now in NZ, like The Lady Miss Jo Jo.

There's a lot I miss about living over the road from Potters Field Park, not least being able to walk along the riverbank to Blackfriars and then over the bridge to work in Leather Lane. On the other hand, the air quality in Wellington is a lot better than central London.
Thursday 10 May 2012 12.51pm
Zoe wrote:
Then we'll never be seeing you again Mark, you'll be living at Heathrow.
Just before immigration at Terminal 4 this morning there was a sign saying "possible delays, industrial action", but it took about 15 minutes tops and the atmospherics were good - bright young ladies acted as sheep dogs and all the officials welcomed the next entrant with a smile and the air of competence. The NON-EU line was reasonable too.
Well done, Immigration Service.
Saturday 12 May 2012 4.10pm
Walworth SE17 on the lovely Liverpool Grove which boasts the best preserved of John Soane's churches, St. Peters, set in wonderful grounds.
Saturday 12 May 2012 6.05pm
Mirageman,
St.Peter's church is where my parents got married in 1945, when my dad was on demob leave. Used to have our school Christmas carol service there when I was a kid. Also, it's where we used to catch the Banfield's coach from, when we had our one day a year at the seaside.
Lots of fond memories of that area.

Sorry, I've strayed off topic. Never happened before and won't happen again. (Until the next time.)
Saturday 12 May 2012 7.54pm
I used to live in SE1 until May last year , now Im in Cornwall and want to come back !

Nancy
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions