London SE1 community website

Shattering Shoe Shop Shock!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 13 November 2008 3.41pm
I wonder if they keep the one at Woolwich near the market? powis street/high street
Thursday 13 November 2008 8.10pm
Is the one in Peckham staying open? If so, that's not too far for an Elephant resident to travel by bus...
Friday 14 November 2008 12.15pm
WOOLWICH? Who goes there? Even Peckham is a trip. The point was that on my way to Tesco's or Woolies, I could dive in and find real bargains, so as to make me feel less guilty about wanting a pair in just the right beige to go with that outfit....and the suitcases were jolly good too.
Friday 14 November 2008 12.55pm
Woolwich is ideal if you like charity shops which I do, I have never seen so many in one street! and they have Marks and spencers outlet there which is very good for bargains..
Friday 14 November 2008 2.04pm
What exactly do 99p shops sell?
Friday 14 November 2008 2.15pm
All sorts of things - see http://www.99pstoresltd.com/storedetails.asp?store_id=75

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 14 November 2008 4.01pm
I seem to remember things called "pound shops".

Is the 99p shop a sign of the deflation someone was warning about on Radio 4 the other day?
Friday 14 November 2008 4.40pm
No!! I find out that there's a Clarks Factory Shop in the same breath that I find out it's closing down! Right, I'm going down there this weekend. I was going to go to Westfield to find out what all the fuss is about, but that will have to wait for another weekend now. I've been wearing their Desert Boot for years. When one pair dies I just go and buy another.

Any chance it's moving to bigger location?
Friday 14 November 2008 10.19pm
It's a real shame as it has always been handy and had some good buys. However I have noticed more and more cheap tat in there that's obviously made to be sold in the factory shops.

At least there will be something new and useful there and not an empty shop unit.
Saturday 15 November 2008 7.44am
Anything costing 99p. has GOT to be tat. Or so useless that it could be given away free in which case 99p. is too much. Clark's shoes, on the other hand are super, comfy, and ideal for little old ladies like me who have tender feet. My life is the poorer.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions