London SE1 community website

Queen's Buildings, Scovell Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 182
Tuesday 7 October 2008 2.07pm
Nice one Fred,
Got anymore??.

Bob Peters.
Tuesday 7 October 2008 2.24pm
great pictures keep finding them please
Tuesday 7 October 2008 4.32pm
Another picture from Richard Wale:

"Photo showing Queens Buildings Scovell Road in 1902 with obelisks erected for Edward VII coronation. The photo also shows the underground gents convenience which stood in Borough Road. Also many landmarks including SHIP public house and HORSESHOE public house which was severely damaged by the blast of the V2 rocket that devastated the London Sessions in 1944."

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 7 October 2008 6.40pm
Well done for the pictures,i am going to try and print the christmas card,there are a few people i would like to send (UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME ALREADY DONE)please let me know. Bob Flynne poor old mr Lambert he must have lost more money than he ever made,we was always over that back wall,actualy got a box of mars bars once made ourselves sick eating them,we also used to go in and ask for 2oz sweets out of a high up jar while he was busy half a dozen kids would swipe something,
Wednesday 8 October 2008 9.05am
Hello James
would like to see more of Fred Start's photo's can he be contacted?
Wednesday 8 October 2008 3.08pm
Another pic from Richard Wale:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 9 October 2008 1.17pm
Not Bill and Anne But Fred(my father) and Annie Start,living at 94f. Previously we had lived at 113g on the opposite side of the [email protected] still in touch with Stan.
Thursday 9 October 2008 6.18pm
One of the old photo's shows the Horseshoe pub,i am not sure but was'nt the Horseshoe pub,near Harper rd opersite the Ship pub,and i seem to remember a murder happen'ed and it got closed down sometime in the 60's
Thursday 9 October 2008 6.43pm
Hi my names Jerry i lived at 32 collinson st from 1958 to 1969, that was from the day i was born till the grand old age of 11. I still have good memories of the place.I had relations in scovell rd their surnames were kavanagh,they lived opposite bretts i also had had relations near the southwark bridge rd end surnames murphy,also friends in scovell rd surnames pitts, morbin,lodge.Does anyone remember them.
Thursday 9 October 2008 7.18pm
Hi is this picture taken from behind the cafe in scovell rd
Current: 10 of 182

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions