London SE1 community website

Queen's Buildings, Scovell Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 182 of 183
Friday 29 November 2019 5.04pm
Hi all, I was born in QB in 1956 at 27 B and although I was only small, I have vivid memories of the old place. We moved out in 1961 when I was 5, but I remember going to Charles Dickens Sch from the age of 3.
Finding this site has brought back many memories for me and will monitor the forum from now on.
Saturday 4 April 2020 9.03am
Hi Martin shame you havenít had any response to your post hopefully some people might recognise your family name and start a chat going when I first found this sight it was flowing with peoples posts but slowly theyíve all dropped off my family lived at 3 stones end street nearly opposite The Ship pub I went to Charles Dickens too but your 3 years older than me and your family name isnít one I remember have you ever been back there it has changed where did your family moved too ? Come on all you queenies where are you letís have catch up and start posting again kind regards to all 🙏
Sunday 5 April 2020 5.41pm
hello everyone
havnt been here for a while .
I hope everyone is well and staying safe in these horrenduos times.
My dads family the mcduells and roberts lived in various addresses in queens buildings,and as i have got further with my family tree i have found other relatives lived there , also i found a photo of my uncle peter on here .
stay safe everyone .
Sunday 5 April 2020 8.13pm
Hi lea glad your finding out about your family shame no ones been on here for ages I would love to go back to queens buildings we didnít seem to have all this rubbish going on in our lives well letís hope everybody fit and healthy and a few more remember to return it would be nice to hear from everybody again staff safe 🙏
Sunday 5 April 2020 8.25pm
hello mark
Yes everything seemed so much easier back then. good old days , i was born 1958.
i hope aswell people remember this site , i will keep checking in ,
stay safe
Wednesday 8 April 2020 9.34pm
Hi lea I was born 1959 yes the good old days we didnt have much but we was happy I wouldnít change my time living in the buildings even tho there was no hot water a toilet on the balcony no central heating it we all looked out for each other hopefully a few more queenies may check in too , one good thing my cousin found me on this sight havenít seen her since 1975 , hope you stay too lea 🙏
Friday 10 April 2020 11.42am
hi mark, glad your cousin found you . the photo of my uncle i found on this site is the only one i have of him now ,i thought my late mum had some of family but couldnt find any of family photos. My dads side of the family has been easy to find because most of my nans siblings and parents lived in or around queens buildings .
One thing i miss pie mash and liquier, there was a restaurant in hastings but that closed a few years ago ,
hope you and your family stay safe
lea
Sunday 19 April 2020 8.14pm
Hi lea yes all my family are safe thank you where did you say you moved too , Pie and mash I do take my mum some down when I go nothing beats that ever 👍 a dyeing trade shame , well hope you and your families stay safe 🌈
Thursday 23 April 2020 7.16am
Hello mark , my family moved Hastings, east sussex. Then when i married we moved a small along the coast to Bexhill on sea .Where abouts are you
stay well.
Monday 27 April 2020 8.32pm
Hi Mark, the only family I can remember was Sue and Carol McKensey. Sue was a close friend of my mother ( known as Red ) at worked together. I was born in 56 and my brother Colin was in 58. I remember a steel garage in the square that a man kept his invalid carriage in. Does any one else remember it.
All keep well in these difficult times

Martin
Current: 182 of 183

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions