London SE1 community website

Cycle Jacking Warning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Saturday 15 November 2008 3.19pm
this happened to a friend of mine in Islington, she was dragged off her bike at a T junction on a nice leafy road, and the thieves made off with her (second hand) bike. I wonder if it is part of an awful new bike theft trend?
Saturday 15 November 2008 9.11pm
Hi Tee, Where are you living in SE1? Guess, moving to Islington will not solve the problem. Would be very interesting to know, whether in Islington also three young lads played their game ... Hopefully the next bike they jack is a bike protected by immobilise and these guys can get caught by the police before this new bike stealing method becomes fashion.
Sunday 16 November 2008 12.02pm
it was definitely a group of boys. Islington can be quite rough - there are gangs of kids who are pretty lawless up there - the police say they are powerless to act because the kids are under 16.
Sunday 16 November 2008 12.28pm
Yes, and until the police "have the power to act" this country will continue to be a haven for lawless feral children whose parents are not accountable for their kids behaviour and have no concept of "parental responsibility", because any police action would impinge on their "human rights". Political correctness is the bane of this country and the enemy of the innocent victims of crime.

(rant over - feel much better now)
Monday 17 November 2008 11.36am
my girlfriend and me were attacked on the No 15 bus last sunday 1115 am, just after Tower bridge. black guy about 45, grey hair and beard.... we fought back and thanks to the three other people who helped and the guy ran off but we got him arrested later. If any one sees incidents like this and bike theft - have a go - these cowards don't like it !
Monday 17 November 2008 12.50pm
There's another guy who likes to work the tourists @ Tower Hill he targets them just as they try to get on and off the tour buses.

But he's younger than your attacked and pick pockets people... which is of course bad enough.
Monday 17 November 2008 12.59pm
I agree with fortyfive - I had a similar incident a few weeks back on Morroco street where a guy approached me and my g'friend accusing us of 'looking at him'. I walked over to him and told him I was gonna give him a good hiding if he didn't dissapear which he promptly did.
Definitley worth having a go rather than letting them see you back down! Typical cowards.
Monday 17 November 2008 5.26pm
I need to find a big bloke to walk around with me, obviously!
Monday 17 November 2008 5.35pm
Hi All,

I am a journalism student at Goldsmiths for the student paper - I'd be really interested in talking to you and your friends about his awful bike incident especially as it's national cycling week this week. And hopefully we can raise awareness of the issue.

My email is [email protected]

Please contact me asap as I am on v tight deadline.

Many thanks,
Lena
Monday 15 December 2008 3.10pm
This is the same area that my housemate got pushed off his bike! I guess he was lucky!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7783207.stm
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions