London SE1 community website

General Election

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 11 of 14
Tuesday 4 May 2010 8.17pm
Is there any chance a few of us could get together on Thu night / Fri morning (Borough Paul and Rambling Phil, perhaps). We have guests over and my French partner does not share my enjoyment of election results (whatever the outcome) so I can't host.
Mark
Wednesday 5 May 2010 1.37pm
Mark - I'm intending to go to this with some friends:
Election night at the QEH - click here for details

It would be lovely to see lots of people there.
Thursday 6 May 2010 12.45pm
Gordon brown thinking Tony Blair could help with Labours election campaign , sums up everything that has been wrong with Gordon Browns leadership. Tony Blair is the absolute principal of everything hat went wrong with Labour, the general public wanted a complete change of direction from Blairism , but Gordon Brown didn't have the balls,

I haven't voted yet , but when I do I should really vote liberal democrats as I have never been a conservative ,but my hand might slip, not in Labours favour I'm afraid,

Like many people I will make my final choice inside the poling booth.
I really haven't decided yet.
However if ever there was a time to hang parliament it is now.
Thursday 6 May 2010 4.58pm
indeed Micky - hang the lot of them!
Thursday 6 May 2010 5.33pm
the 2005-2010 parliament will go down in history as the most corrupt, most self-serving, most disreputable in recent history. with a bit of luck the electorate will turf out a host of sitting mps and good riddance to them.
Thursday 6 May 2010 5.52pm
boroughpaul wrote:
the 2005-2010 parliament will go down in history as the most corrupt, most self-serving, most disreputable in recent history

You really think so? I think they'll go down in history as the ones that got caught. I really doubt previous parliaments were much more honourable.
Thursday 6 May 2010 8.37pm
From early exit polls, the Tories claim to have a small majority according to Martha Kearney on Twitter. 310-320 for Cons; 280 for Lab. 71% turnout. She has since deleted that post, however... possibly because she knows she's breaking the law by revealing that info at this stage.

http://www.futuretimeline.net - a timeline of future history
Thursday 6 May 2010 8.40pm
your just saying that to get Labour voters out,
that polls is very unlikly to be correct, at this stage.
Thursday 6 May 2010 9.10pm
mickysalt wrote:
your just saying that to get Labour voters out,

Look on Twitter and see for yourself. And FYI, I voted for the Lib Dems.

http://www.futuretimeline.net - a timeline of future history
Thursday 6 May 2010 9.57pm
I really don't have the idea who to vote with... :)
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 11 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions