London SE1 community website

General Election

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 13 of 14
Friday 7 May 2010 4.53pm
Exit poll showed Con 305, Lab 255, LD 61 at 10.00pm

result = Con 306 Lab 258 LD 58 ...not to shabby!
Friday 7 May 2010 7.54pm
Con really is on the lead!!!
Friday 7 May 2010 9.37pm
As Shakespeare once said....."Loves; Labour's lost!"
Saturday 8 May 2010 1.21pm
yet brown continues to squat ...rather undignified!
Saturday 8 May 2010 1.47pm
Must be something in the name.
Saturday 8 May 2010 8.01pm
I wanted rid of Labour , but Gordon Brown isn't squatting, we have a hung parliament with no party as yet having a majority so he is just doing his job,

In the end I voted Liberal democrat as the last two governments first conservative then labour , both wining landslide victories, both ended in disaster.
I can understand some people being uncomfortable with the idea of a Tory Liberal coalition ,if like me they spent a large part of there life hating Margaret Thatcher,

However we are not currently dealing with the Labour party that went to CND rally's and sang free Nelson Mandela.

We are dealing with a Tony Blair construct led by Gordon Brown.

Iraq war Labour , Fat cat Bonus Labour, Civil Liberty violation Labour , cheep foreign Labour,
Everything generally spinningg out of control Labour.
In light of all this a liberal Cameron coalition sound good. At this piont.
Saturday 8 May 2010 9.34pm
I voted Liberal Democrat but with a hung parliament at this point, it is vital that the political parties come together for the sake of the nation to prioritise on national debts, unemployment issues and maintain our healthcare system.
Tuesday 11 May 2010 12.56am
There is something incredibly satisfying about seeing the two main partys, that both spent the last 30 years crawling up to the rightwing press being tossed about on the horns of the most pro European party.
Tuesday 11 May 2010 7.23pm
Brown just gave his resignation speech. Very sincere I thought.
Tuesday 11 May 2010 9.08pm
OMG! Pardon me while I throw up!
Let's get one thing clear, I'm apolitical. In recent years i've found myself uttering the words my dad used to utter fifty years ago....'There all as bad as each other.'
What an insult to the inteligence these characters are. After months of listening to David Cameron saying how bad the other lot are and would be again if re-elected, he has now just stood outside number ten Downing Street and stated what a debt of gratitude the Nation owes to the ougoing government. YUK!
An odd analogy maybe, but it just reminds me of when the then Cassisus Clay called Henry Cooper 'a bum' before their fight in 1963 and then how much he respected him after it.
What kind of game are these people playing? I think it's called 'taking the public for fools.'
God help us all.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 13 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions