London SE1 community website

General Election

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 14
Saturday 15 August 2009 6.04pm
No wonder the voters are confused when we have the Tories talking tough on fat cat bonuses, while Labour who most people voted for to deliver a fairer society does its usual slippery act and does nothing ,

It seems all those years of being ahead in the polls and all those land slides has made labour stupid,

Thinking the support of rich newspaper editors is more important than the support of the voters.

It also has to be said that the support of Rupert Murdock is a poisoned challis, as the Tories don't have to worry about appeasing him because they don't currently have his support any way.

Meanwhile Gordon brawn looks like a man standing on a chair holding a TV Arial asking Tony Blair standing next to him ,

Now which position were you holding this in ,

Not realizing that the voters are now tuned into a different channel

Stupid indeed.
Thursday 20 August 2009 5.01pm
mickysalt wrote:
France and Germany have come out of recession , Britain's resection is getting worse ,
Beacon to the rest of the world boooooooooooo!!!
slow hand clap------------------------------------------------clap-----------------------------------------------------clap---------------------------------------------------clap--------------------------------------------------------clap------------------------------------------------------clap

Kind of maybe not as much clapping as seemed required at first sight...... There seems to be a tiny bit of marketing going on. I'll dig out some interesting articles if anyone is at least remotely interested ;o)
Sunday 23 August 2009 9.34am
the original question seems rather out of date now... maybe it should read "is there anyone left who is going to vote labour at the next election" ??
Thursday 24 September 2009 8.29pm
In a cubed I found a an old Labour win 97 carrier bag with a big pledge poster of Tony Blair Inside,
A roll of vote labour stickers and a collection of yellow and orange vote Labour posters ,

Will I be needing any of this again.

FRANKLY NOT.
Tuesday 29 September 2009 10.33pm
Apparently Labour is now free from the strait jacket of News International support,(The Sun)

Now the Tory's will have to put that particular corset Back on,
Do any parties need it or want it any more.

Lets face it It didn't to the country much good.
Tuesday 5 January 2010 12.11am
Gordon Brawn only got half way up the Christmas tree that was being used as a make shift ladder to clime from the ceiling of the dining hall to the exit by the kitchen door of the cruse ship that was overturned on new years eve by a massive tidal wave caused by a giant paradox quake on the sea bed, when the Christmas tree fell back into the water leaving those already at the top with no alternative but to close the kitchen door on New labour below in the rising water and continue up to the hull of this doomed vessel to find a way out of.
Tuesday 5 January 2010 12.14pm
It's going to be a long 4 months.
Tuesday 5 January 2010 3.22pm
Long before People like Clare short left New labour the alarm bells were ringing as politicians like Shirley Williams where saying they could never go back ,

As to quote a different film

She would have had to say

Were I IQs reduced while I was away”.
Thursday 7 January 2010 1.35pm
I must admit that I have no idea who i'm going to vote for this year. In previous elections I have supported labour but I've completely lost faith in Brown and his band of nitwits! I read an article not so long ago stating that Brown lost the country 4 billion pounds when he decided to sell gold from the country's reserve about 10 years ago based on the price of gold today! I think his decision to change the VAT was a ridiculous one considering it cost businesses millions and the consumer barely noticed a difference. I know it's been a near impossible situation this year with the recession but I can't help thinking that someone else may have done a better job.
Thursday 7 January 2010 3.29pm
sfuller88 wrote:
I read an article not so long ago stating that Brown lost the country 4 billion pounds when he decided to sell gold from the country's reserve about 10 years ago based on the price of gold today!

Presumably this article was written by someone who sold his or her house and lumped all the proceeds into buying gold and has since retired to the south of France on the killing they made in the markets? Or else it was someone writing about an event with the benefit of total hindsight and pretending they knew better at the time.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions