London SE1 community website

Three cheers for Prince Charles.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Saturday 13 June 2009 4.45pm
Rodgers & Co aren't elected which is why they were preparing to submit plans, I'm not going to defend The Evening Standard - read at your peril dear serf.
Saturday 13 June 2009 6.23pm
I have to say the new Evening Standard seems just as bad as the old one for front paging one sided headlines.

And borough Paul
The architects that have had everything there own way have to accept that in certain areas there one size fits all Glass and steel style won't cut the mustard.
Sunday 14 June 2009 8.45am
mickysalt wrote:
won't cut the mustard.

You're even sounding like Prince Charlie now, reading that I could almost hear his voice..
Sunday 14 June 2009 12.38pm
janefs wrote:
mickysalt wrote:
won't cut the mustard.

You're even sounding like Prince Charlie now, reading that I could almost hear his voice..

that's a very common expression
Tuesday 16 June 2009 5.27pm
I think Charles has overstepped the mark... he should have left the matter to the planners.
Tuesday 16 June 2009 6.37pm
jonnyp42 wrote:
I think Charles has overstepped the mark... he should have left the matter to the planners.
Rebuttal:
Prince Charles wrote:
You have to give this much to the Luftwaffe. When it knocked down our buildings, it didn't replace them with anything more offensive than rubble.
Quote:
Rogers has a seat in one of the houses of Parliament; he is a legislator; he has both power and influence. The Prince has only influence - and the support of local residents and everyone who values Britain's environment. In this context, Rogers, not the Prince, represents the real establishment. The hissy fits thrown by members of our self-appointed, self-perpetuating oligarchies, in politics, the arts, and every other sphere of life are evidence of how rare it is for them to have their arrogant assumptions challenged.
Tuesday 16 June 2009 9.53pm
Prince Charles should say what he likes,
He only speaks out when a large number of the public agree.
Tuesday 16 June 2009 10.16pm
mickysalt wrote:
He only speaks out when a large number of the public agree.

Gosh, really? How does He know a 'large number' agree before he speaks? What is the 'large number' that enables him to speak?

More puzzling; given his supremely priviledged position, why is He so apparently so insecure he can't he speak until they (the public) agree with him?

We should be told.
Wednesday 17 June 2009 10.43am
I looked on bbc have your say and 90%of the comments were supporting Prince Charles.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions