London SE1 community website

brambles etc.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Thursday 17 September 2009 3.26pm
Ah I found that one first. It's this one.
Thursday 17 September 2009 5.43pm
The Snow Goose is the most moving film I've ever come across - tears roll down my face every time I watch it. The book is as good.

I've not been able to track down the copy that you heard but Jenny Agutter also read it on BBC radio back in 1992 - I'm still searching for a copy of that.

What I have done is extract the audio from the film and put it on cd so that I can listen to it either in the car or as I drift off to sleep. Of course, it isn't quite the same but does have the advantage of allowing me to listen to Jenny's voice like dripping honey on hot-buttered toast.
Thursday 17 September 2009 5.50pm
Foound it!

If it comes up in dollars, change the currency. It's here anyway- 11.49
Thursday 17 September 2009 5.54pm
...and only 8 here.
Haven't checked postage on either though.

If you buy a copy and it's in mint condition, may a suggest you don't play it on any old record player. Get a brand new stylus at least. Personally I would record it and burn a cd.
Thursday 17 September 2009 7.14pm
GUYS AND GALS, Isn't this great? And just what a site like this is all about....topics of conversation and one thing leading to another. As for Jenny Agutter's voice sounding like hot buttered toast, PR. (like the psudonym by the way,) I'm off for a cold shower!!!!!,
Thursday 17 September 2009 9.02pm
To add to the randomness, Jenny Agutter apparently used to live in SE1. In the old Bedlam cottages by the side of Archbishops Park.

(Forget the name of the terrace but it is really hidden away between park and railway.)
Thursday 17 September 2009 9.11pm
.......And this is all your fault, Jan. You and your brambles!
X
Friday 18 September 2009 9.13am
that's what I meant on another thread Chalkey, when someone quite rightly got a bit peeved because we had veered off a serious thread..conversation in a natural environment does meander like a stream, and in some very interesting direction! :-)just now it'll cost me money to go and get the snow goose because i now HAVE to have it...x
Friday 18 September 2009 9.32am
Thanks guys and gals for all your help with 'The Snow Goose.' I think I'm now very close to obtaining a copy. I'll let you know.
Jan, I promise you it will be money well spent.
Friday 18 September 2009 9.54am
I do appreciate why on some threads it's best to at least stay generally on topic but this is rambling thread!
...ans just for the record, I'm a guy...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions